crumb album launch -20th April - The Hub (1 Viewer)

crumb

Website
www.crumbmusic.com
Hi folks

The day is fast approaching and we are getting scared. crumb are releasing our debut album 'evenings & weekends' this Wednesday the 20th in The Hub. We are keeping it as cheap as chips for the old fogey's by charging in ten euro with which you will receive a copy of the album. Also playing on the night are MEDEA and The Ruby Tailights (both of which have albums coming out this year)

Some people were asking about previous recordings so we are also giving away a Hey Paulette 12" called "I really do love Penelope". I think there are about 150 left and you are welcome to take one.

Come along if you are free and you can always flog your cd back to Road Records the next day!

Cheers and thanks

Really like the new album....

Heard some of Ruby Tailights stuff too, i liked it....

Wednesday it is....see you there
;)

here ya go..

"As the post-punk black hole shows no sign of collapsing in on itself, a new hope glints on the guitar band horizon.Crumb (comprised of ex-members of Dublin bands Mexican Pets, The Sewing Room and Hey Paulette) fit their own musical stencil around some of the best bygone bands of the last two decades.Thanks to the gorgeous jangly twang of Derrick Dalton's
Rickenbacker, The Go-Betweens, The Blue Aeroplanes and a touch of early REM (when they were good) segue in.American bands such as The Feelies and The Replacements,exponents of melodic guitars and small town lyricism, are obvious references.Lights of the City is supremely hummable, while Wrecked Or is the soundtrack to latenight melancholy.With this guitar pop tour de force, Crumb may have just started the post Rickenbacker
revival" The Ticket, 15th April

who's in the band besides derek?

tripoli said:
here ya go..

"As the post-punk black hole shows no sign of collapsing in on itself, a new hope glints on the guitar band horizon.Crumb (comprised of ex-members of Dublin bands Mexican Pets, The Sewing Room and Hey Paulette) fit their own musical stencil around some of the best bygone bands of the last two decades.Thanks to the gorgeous jangly twang of Derrick Dalton's
Rickenbacker, The Go-Betweens, The Blue Aeroplanes and a touch of early REM (when they were good) segue in.American bands such as The Feelies and The Replacements,exponents of melodic guitars and small town lyricism, are obvious references.Lights of the City is supremely hummable, while Wrecked Or is the soundtrack to latenight melancholy.With this guitar pop tour de force, Crumb may have just started the post Rickenbacker
revival" The Ticket, 15th April

I've had the Crumb album and Ruby Tailights album demo on in work for the last couple of weeks.
Both great albums.
Looking forward to the gig :)

Pantone247 said:
The Sweing Room were amazing

The Sewing Room and Nico is my second favourite Irish indie album

so so so brilliant...

really like this album too,drugfree ep was also cool...............not forgetting some old "Hey Paulette" tunes too!

Pantone247 said:
The Sweing Room were amazing

The Sewing Room and Nico is my second favourite Irish indie album

so so so brilliant...

You must be feckin mad!!! So what comes first? Mine is The Stars of Heaven and then the Wilderness Years.

btw crumb are playing in Tower at 6.00pm on Thursday 21st April
and then 13th May with hopefully Richer than Astronauts and House of Mexico in Mother Redcaps. The House of Mexico song on Ballroom cd is constantly played to visitors to our house. It's great.

crumb said:
You must be feckin mad!!! So what comes first? Mine is The Stars of Heaven and then the Wilderness Years.

Jubilee Allstars - North Fredrick Lane EPs, which isn't technically an album
but is, technically, my favourtie

That Stars of Heaven compilation from a while back is great too

crumb said:
The House of Mexico song on Ballroom cd is constantly played to visitors to our house. It's great.

it makes the visitors leave really quickly!

;)

aoboa said:
I've had the Crumb album and Ruby Tailights album demo on in work for the last couple of weeks.
Both great albums.
Looking forward to the gig :)

For anyone coming tomorrow night, The Ruby Tailights will be kicking off proceedings at about 9.00pm. Make sure to get down early so you don't miss their heavenly pop hits.

MEDEA will be on after them, not sure what time at the moment and then crumb

Cheers

I'm really looking forward to this gig too. What a great line-up!

Regarding Evenings & Weekends...I think the song Fecky The Ninth is a CLASSIC piece of work. I also find great pleasure in For The Leaving and My Back Yard. The vocal on No Great Plans is just lovely.

Congratulations on a fantastic release.

Love,

Toni Basil

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back