creation museum (3 Viewers)

Creationism makes me violently angry. Grr.

I think it's hillarious.
I knew a guy, very nice guy, well educated, university lecturer, and a member of Opus Dei.
He didnt beleive in evolution - and he was an engineer - a scientest
Wierd as fuck
Imagine how far you would get in science if you didn't beleive in gravity and yet....

It aways surprise me that evolution is an issue for these people at all. people seem to have come around to the fact that the world is round and it goes around the sun without automatically becoming athiest - why should evolution be different.

whats with the donisaur on the homepage - how do they fit dinosaurs into their little universe?

A test from god init or they only existed for a day during the seven days of creation. I can't remember which of these it is but I'm pretty sure it's one of them.

I'm gonna start a band called the creationists. .|..|

creationist museum said:
We’ll begin the Museum experience by showing that “facts” don’t speak for themselves (click here for a proposed drawing of this exhibit). There aren’t separate sets of “evidences” for evolution and creation—we all deal with the same evidence (we all live on the same earth, have the same fossils, observe the same animals, etc.). The difference lies in how we interpret what we study. We’ll then explore why the Bible—the “history book of the universe”—provides a reliable, eye-witness account of the beginning of all things.

the drawing is unconvincing
030825_digsite.jpg

The amount of cash some of these guys pull in is stunning. There was a piece on NPR when I was last in the states about some preacher who was kicked out of the Oral Roberts. He was not a Jimmy Swaggert TV type just a regular preaher and he was pulling in abour €250K a week

haha that's deadly,
http://www.conservapedia.com/Punk

"These bands, however, are not considered punk by real punks."

Relient K is a Christian pop-rock band. It was started in 1999 by Matthew Thiessen and Matt Hoopes. They named the band after a car that Matt Hoopes had owned - Reliant K. They were forced to switch the "a" to an "e" to avoid copyright issues. Relient K soon earned their first record deal with Gotee Records. Since then, the band has become a leader in its genre.

a leader in its genre; wonder what JANER reckons.............

Actually, Creationists believe that there were dinosaurs after the flood. There are references to them in the Bible. They were made extinct by humans in the same way that the dodo was.

I find it amusing that so many scientists and so called enlightened people fail to register the word 'Theory' in Darwin's work... and also fail to register the fact that as it has never been scientifically proven... feel free to check... it is still a theory, not a proven fact.

The theory part refers to the mechanism by which evolution proceeds ie natural selection.
That evolution itself is occuring is pretty well established.

Actually, Creationists believe that there were dinosaurs after the flood. There are references to them in the Bible. They were made extinct by humans in the same way that the dodo was.

I find it amusing that so many scientists and so called enlightened people fail to register the word 'Theory' in Darwin's work... and also fail to register the fact that as it has never been scientifically proven... feel free to check... it is still a theory, not a proven fact.

Scientists accept that it's a theory. If it's wrong, they'll go "OK, cool".

It's been proven to make more sense than the other thing, given the evidence available. If god comes down tomorrow and explains everything then that’s a different story. But scientists can only work with what they know, and what’s most likely given what they know. Creationist scientists, therefore, are full of shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back