CRAYONSMITH WARNING ABOUT LOWER DECK PA (1 Viewer)

ciaran s

Website
www.myspace.com
Hey!
I feel obliged to put it out there for anyone who is thinking of putting a gig on in The Lower Deck:THEY DO NOT HAVE A PA SYSTEM!!They are a bit confused as to what a PA system is. Basically, you'll have to bring your own PA system, complete with desk, speakers and monitors. What was supposed to be a fun-filled EP launch turned out to be headache-inducing conversations with the owner, asking just where in the name of jaysus the PA was, and later, explaining that I was not paying the full price for the venue.
Apart from that, a huge thank you to Miracle Dave for whatever it was he did go get some kind of sound, WINDINGS and GLENJAMMIN BONES for their patience and for provding great music despite a dodgy Macgyver/A-Team effort of a PA and everyone who came out on the night and supported.
On Sat. Oct. 9, WINDINGS did a superb job with the sound, as well as play a great set before CRAYONSMITH in Java's, Limerick. Pity about that Ireland match and people staying in to watch it.We hope to do another gig in Java's before the end of the year.Better consult the National Sporting Calendar!

I hope this post prevents this kind of shit from ever happening in the Lower Deck again.

See you later,

Ciaran

That's a total bummer man! If it was agreed that they supply the PA, then i certainly hope you didn't pay the full price!!!!!

They make you pay a deposit of e30 and then a balance of e100 on the night. I gave the manager e50 and said I wasn't paying any more, so e80 overall.Your man had to be fine with it because he knew he was in the wrong.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
Did they tell you they had a PA?
Yep!I even went down in person to check it out, but some new guy didn't know the code to let me down and they started getting annoyed wiht me calling so much to find out exactly what they had.They just have a mic that goes into the wall and little shoebox speakers spread around the walls.Also, now, I am in no way a racist, but there were two Chinese guys who seemed to have been literally thrown behind the bar and had no clue as to what I was talking about when it came to sound, whatever about the owners.

lwr deck guys are cowboys in my opinion, they shouldnt have been charging for that room if they give it to other people for free. €80 (or €130! jesus!) is a fuckload to charge for a room 15 minutes walk from the centre of town with no PA.

maybe they're trying to make some money back on the decorating they did. They didn't treat yiz very well though - hope the gig went ok anyway.

yea that decorating ruins the place.all banjos and shit on the wall!fuck no

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
maybe they're trying to make some money back on the decorating they did. They didn't treat yiz very well though - hope the gig went ok anyway.

making a PA out of various things that lay around the venue was fun. Lower deck's PA is tannoy speakers in the ceiling with a microphone insert that makes the sound pop lots. also, if anyone cares, they have an earthing problem in there and bad things could've happened on friday, but somehow we got away with it.

good night, good fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back