cracked versions of logic or ableton live for mac (2 Viewers)

Don't know about this but would anybody agree that ripping off this software is not really fair to the people who actually go out and BUY the full versions of the software? although it's people like this that are making these purchases so expensive for the rest of us.

I don't think these people would be too happy about other people ripping off their music, so why rip off someone elses work. Don't get me wrong here, as a recording engineer we don't get paid vast sums of money and I find the price of the software sometimes extremly painful but if people like this keep ripping off the software the price will eventually rocket so far that nobody will be able to afford it.

Sorry about ranting!!!!!!!!!!

The Demo Place said:
Don't know about this but would anybody agree that ripping off this software is not really fair to the people who actually go out and BUY the full versions of the software? although it's people like this that are making these purchases so expensive for the rest of us.

I don't think these people would be too happy about other people ripping off their music, so why rip off someone elses work. Don't get me wrong here, as a recording engineer we don't get paid vast sums of money and I find the price of the software sometimes extremly painful but if people like this keep ripping off the software the price will eventually rocket so far that nobody will be able to afford it.

Sorry about ranting!!!!!!!!!!
whatever music software i use i havent paid for.i dont use it for serious use, like you do being a recording engineer.i assume you do actually get paid for using whatever software your talking about. if i started actually making money from software i think i would go buy it.

Same here, I don't make music professionally (ie; I don't make money from it) and when I do I'll put my money where my mouth is. Also, the software company doesn't lose anything by my using a cracked copy, if there were no cracked software then I'd just have to make music another
way as I simply don't have €500 to spend on software.

In a small way, cracked software has a long term positive effect,
a bunch of people who are fans of the program and are experienced users who will promote it to others and a significant proportion of whom will probably purchase the software at some point. Also raising the general level of computer-music literacy
among people and widening the possible market from dedicated professional engineers to bedroom enthusiasts.

I just mess around with these apps..If I was actually making music commercially i'd buy them.

Anyone got a key for Antares Autotune by the way? ;-)

Point taken about using the software and not making any cash from it but it brings me back to the point that you are creating music with this software but how would you like it if somebody was to hijack your music and go on to create something with it. There is plenty of second hand copies of software out there to be had which for a small fee with the manufacturer the registration can be transfered into your name therefore you recieve the full product support from them. Case in point in the buy and sell this week there is somebody selling Cubase SL3 for 200 yo-yo's less than half the price that some of our wonderful rip-off Ireland stores are charging.

Point taken about using the software and not making any cash from it but it brings me back to the point that you are creating music with this software but how would you like it if somebody was to hijack your music and go on to create something with it. There is plenty of second hand copies of software out there to be had which for a small fee with the manufacturer the registration can be transfered into your name therefore you recieve the full product support from them. Case in point in the buy and sell this week there is somebody selling Cubase SL3 for 200 yo-yo's less than half the price that some of our wonderful rip-off Ireland stores are charging. As for the use of cracked software having a positive effect I think you are wrong very wrong with that one Igor, it's because of this cracked software that the prices are so high.

The Demo Place said:
but it brings me back to the point that you are creating music with this software but how would you like it if somebody was to hijack your music and go on to create something with it.
i wouldnt mind at all. its not like it takes anything away from me. just using my music to make something of their own. so much (good and shit) music wouldnt exist without sampling ie lots of breakbeat/breakcore/drum and bass and a bunch of other shit

I'd often wondered about the usability of older versions of apps, I should check that out: newer versions don't often come with substantially upgraded functionality anyways.

As for the positive effect, I stand by the argument but it is a massive simplification of the whole piracy issue, as much a simplication as the point that piracy drives the prices up. The prices are high is because the vendors choose to set the prices that high, the amount which they perceive that people will be willing to part with relative to other software on the market.
The vendors believe that they lose money to pirates which I think is not as much the case as they make out - it also doesn't hurt them to keep that idea in the public perception - but it's a chicken and egg story like with CDs, are the prices high cos people rip them off or do people rip them off cos the prices are too high. I'd love to see a truly independent study on what little causality can really be studied in this system.

edit: ditto what hanley said about stealing my music.

Agreed about the quality of current music. So let me get this straight, you would be happy for other people to take you music unlawfully and reproduce it under their name therefore losing all royalties, publishing rights etc. and more importantly any financial gain that comes about. Sorry but that argument does not wash with me.

I doubt there are many people out there that would be willing to do that and find it laughable that you would allow this to happen. I am still adament that the real reason for the high price of software is due to people downloading illegal copies.

I have disscused this numerous times on software manufacturers forums and the same answer from the software producers is that if there were more copies of a product sold the price would drop.(isn't this true of all products)

Again the fact that people think it is allright to rip other peoples work off still does not wash with me. Sorry!

The Demo Place said:
Agreed about the quality of current music. So let me get this straight, you would be happy for other people to take you music unlawfully and reproduce it under their name therefore losing all royalties, publishing rights etc. and more importantly any financial gain that comes about. Sorry but that argument does not wash with me.
obviously if they took whatever music i made and just passed it of as their own id be pissed off, i was refering to people sampling music and making their own from it
The Demo Place said:
I am still adament that the real reason for the high price of software is due to people downloading illegal copies.
i cant justify spending large ammounts of cash to buy this software.so its either download it or dont use it at all.either way the software company stays the same

There's a fundamental difference in what's being compared here.

The equivalent to stealing someone's musical creation (assumed note-for-note rip-off) would be if I rewrote someone's software and passed it off as my own. By taking and using a copy of the software I'm not infringing on the company's ability to produce.

If someone steals my music for their listening pleasure then I'm practically unaffected, I may even gain from people spreading my music around. If they take it and use it for profit then I expect them to do the honourable thing and credit me or cut me in for a share.

Igor said:
By taking and using a copy of the software I'm not infringing on the company's ability to produce.

indeed you may even be enabling yourself to produce/record music that you wouldn't otherwise - if you didn't have access to the means of production. :)

i just bought a full version of ableton 6 today, looking forward to buzzing off it, and i bought a full version of logic.. best thing ever to do.. you feel much better about it and it makes you appreciate it so much more..

people who use cracks shits, thats cool but they never seem to be 100% stable.. which is a real reason not to..

i say, buy one thing and learn it inside out rather than half ass learning a million cracked synths and sequencers and what nots..

yeah i really want full logic. expensive bastard though.
ive got fully licensed reason 3 which is nice. get all sorts of plug ins on the website.

i recently downloaded Reason 3.0.5 and it works absolutley perfectly. downloaded ableton 5 is a bit hit and miss but 4.1.4 runs geat.
Logic Express 7.1 runs perfect since it was a copied serial key.
i love using this software but i honestly cant afford to buy them at retail prices. if/when i do set up a studio, id be running purchased copies but for now, im content. downloaded cubase sx2 with a serial but need a dongle. so i bought one for 20 blips on ebay, thats the most ive spent on music software but it wont be the last. until i can afford to buy a great powerful new mac, great hardware/interface, there is no point in buying the full software as it would be a waste. until then....cracked city..

yeah defo get the crack version of ableton
it will wait a while until it knows you are in love
soon after you'll be greeted by copy protection error and have the choice to reformat your pc or go buy it
pretty smart system
best option is to track down a copy of livelite and get a chepo upgrade
(livelite is given free with a lot of soundcards/ midi controllers etc)

i believe in supporting developers who listen to their users and dont take the piss with pricing or ilok/dongle bullshit

i wonder if any people actually bought waves plugins?

yeah defo get the crack version of ableton
it will wait a while until it knows you are in love
soon after you'll be greeted by copy protection error and have the choice to reformat your pc or go buy it
pretty smart system
best option is to track down a copy of livelite and get a chepo upgrade
(livelite is given free with a lot of soundcards/ midi controllers etc)

i believe in supporting developers who listen to their users and dont take the piss with pricing or ilok/dongle bullshit

i wonder if any people actually bought waves plugins?
ive had 4.1.4 installed on my mac the last 2 years. no problems. i seriously doubt this cracked version will ever ask me to buy the real one let alone have to reformat me 'puter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back