Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
currently looks like this

12/09/02 Schubas, Chicago w/Ancient Greeks and Judah Johnson. Flameshovel showcase.

13/09/02 Appleton, WI with Sounds Like Braille and Viza-Noir.

15/09/02 Big V's, Minneapolis, Mn with Mike Merz and Tracelement.

17/09/02 Iron Post - Urbana, Illinois.

18/09/02 Bears, Bloomington, IN with Songs:Ohia and Justin Vollmar.

19/09/02 Beachland Ballroom, Cleveland w/ Centr-o-matic, The Bigger Lovers and Dakota Floyd.

20/09/02 State Control Records, Ann Arbor, Michigan w/ Judah Johnson and The Red and Black.

21/09/02 Velvet Lounge, Washington DC.

23/09/02 Pete's Candy Store, Brooklyn, NY.

as you can see there are a few holes in that schedule, and we don't leave new york til the 27th, if you have any contacts or idea as to how we can get some more gigs, please lerrus know

Originally posted by dudley
currently looks like this

23/09/02 Pete's Candy Store, Brooklyn, NY.

as you can see there are a few holes in that schedule, and we don't leave new york til the 27th, if you have any contacts or idea as to how we can get some more gigs, please lerrus know

ok, i assume you have some idea of the lie of the land in new york, so you're probably looking for something more than just a list of venues blah blah blah...but as far as places where you might be able to get a show with one month's notice and on the strength of a cd or whatever: i'd have a couple in mind, and i could probably get you some contact names/numbers. pete's is a pretty cool place to play actually, although it'll be a bit of a squeeze...have you been in there before?

We've never been in there, no.
Squeeze in what way?
Looks like we might be playing Arlene's Grocery the next night too.
What's that like?

in pete's you have the bar area, a snug off the side and then a back room with the stage. this room is kind of like a train carrage. i'm not the best with spatial relations, but to my memory it would be definitely narrower than, say, the attic used to be and shorter too. you will hear but not see the band if you don't squeeze into that room. it's definitely a nice bar and a cool place to play though. will oldham played a "secret" gig there not so long ago far as i remember.

arlene's grocery is sort of like a new york eamonn doran's - it's basically multiple random bands every night. used to be you could just wander in there for free, but i think they charge $5 most nights now. it's not a bad size/stage/sound-wise, but my feeling with that place is that it's always going to be pretty much the crowd you bring and whoever's there early to see the next band/whoever hung round after the last one. go for it if you get it though.

i was going to suggest, among other places, the luna lounge, which is a similar setup to arlene in terms of size/sound. to me it's a bit cooler a place to play because it's free in, so you have a bit more of a chance of getting a walk-in audience. i have certainly gone in there more on spec than with arlene, where i've always gone to see someone. i have a name and number for luna, but they need to hear a cd before they'll talk to you on the phone. i would say you've every chance of getting a spot there once they hear your stuff. private message me if you want to discuss this stuff further.

New York Times: Skinny Irish Musician Saves Thousands During Hijack Attempt Using A Bass Guitar and Some Severe Face Kicking

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back