Cork (1 Viewer)

Jaker

Any tips on good hostel/cheap hotels to stay in Cork city? Preferably as near Cypress Avenue as possible...

Thanks peoples

isaccs on maccurtain st is central enough, only 5 minute walk from CA

cypress avenue is in the centre of town so you'll have no bother there. I wouldn't say isaacs is cheap though. there's a hostel/pub place about 14 seconds to the right of it, also on maccurtain street.. there's a magazine around here somewhere. let me rustle around here for a name....

also, on wellington road (behind maccurtain street) there's hotel action etc.

back in a mo.

Hey, but of course I will, thats why I'm going,

FancyGoods said:
Hey Jaker,

check out channel 1 while your there
They're playing in cork this weekend.

mac curtain street:

isaac's: 021 4500011
brú bar & hostel: 021 4559667

wellington road:

sheila's hostel: 021 4508388

both streets just over de nortsoide. very near the train station, bus station and town. which is handy. and they're near my house so OBVIOUSLY it's the cool side of town.

:)

Thanks plug, a true gent, if I get lost I'll be in touch, Cypress avenue is 5 mins away yeah?!

plug said:
mac curtain street:

isaac's: 021 4500011
brú bar & hostel: 021 4559667

wellington road:

sheila's hostel: 021 4508388

both streets just over de nortsoide. very near the train station, bus station and town. which is handy. and they're near my house so OBVIOUSLY it's the cool side of town.

:)

Jaker said:
Thanks plug, a true gent, if I get lost I'll be in touch, Cypress avenue is 5 mins away yeah?!
yip! basically. just across the river and around a corner. more accurately it's on oliver plunkett street, on the corner opposite scotts, which is a great big superpub type of affair. landmarks: if you see the old oak, the gpo, a big roundy vodaphone shop, scotts or pro musica (music instrument shop) you're within 15 seconds of the place. for reference, oliver plunkett street runs parallel with patrick street on the lefy as you look down from the northside (river).

hope that helps.

edit:

and by lefy I mean left of course! I'm suffering from a dose of typing dyslexia today. you'd think it'd make sense to call dyslexia something that was a bit earier to spell innit. :confused:

edit:

er, easier. ah fuck..

two of the people who came down to my elliott smith tribute stayed in the Bru hostel, and they didn't have any complaints! it has a pub there (and lots of pubs on the same street) and a net cafe etc. kinlay house may be nice but it's up by Shandon which is farther away than mccurtain st. mccurtain st is just a bridge away from the centre of town!

Brù's a grand place.. avoid Sheila's it'S a scary place. Or equally you could stay in my gaff and pay me some money for it. I'm in a financial rut at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back