cooking for bands or large groups (1 Viewer)

We've made some deadly food for the seomra spraoi cafe trying to prove you don't have to cook slop just coz yer cooking for loads of people.
Making a few different dishes usually helps. Also I find people feel like they have to put every imaginable veggie into one pot then cook away. We made deadly indian stuff for 40ish people,
aloo saag (i think) spinach one with potato?? (frozen spinich, lots of bags of it)
chickpea tomatoey curry,
grated carrot salad with lemon juice and mustard seeds,
yellow rice with stuff in it, (somehow making the rice yellow makes it more posh;) , bit o tumeric is all there is to it)
poppadoms.

T'was yum indeed.
Willie you can help me and dee cook next week, can be part of your no squat slop campaign:D

rule one:
NO SPICY FOOD!!! well maybee just a little cause its nice but leave an alternative. bands usually have a bad tour hangover, exhaustion, and nervous farty bellies. spicy food might make them poo themselves onstage. unfortunately that rules out chili, curry, etc.

rule two:
if salads are being made, try things like raw grated carrot lemon juice and sesame seed, raw broccolli cherry tomato and feta, three bean etc cause the dont turn into a soggy unappetising mess after a few hours in a warm room, and have good nutritional value. if adding any dressing, add at the last minute cause it makes everything smushy if left on for a while.

the other day we made veggie sushi, spring rolls and a noodle salad which was nice. also cold food alows for bands to arrive late and food be eaten at the venue. hot food is nice if the band arrives early. comfort food is good if you have been in a car for hours. things like mashed potato and spring onion made into fryable potato cakes, steamed veg, veggie meat substitute and gravy, or homemade soup crusty bread and salads, or caseroles, or my new favorite discovery is veggie sausies made into toad in the hole which is yummy with just beans and homemade hashbrowns. the list is endless, just as long as you try keep the bands delicate tummies in mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back