Congrats the tychos and carol! (1 Viewer)

the bearded lady said:
i'm not a fan of the t.b.'s but "steel wheels"..............

see, one time a friend of mine was down in Caroline Records in Rathmines looking through the records. it was 1989 and this fuckwit (that's what we called them then "fuckwits". yes, believe it, its true!) pulls up in his "flashy" car, breezes into the shop, up to the counter and just says, with a toss of his mane, "steel wheels", cos the rolling stones lp of the same name was just out. yer man, and he IS yer man, gets it, he pays for it, and with equal breeze is gone, like a ghost of tossers past.

ah yes............
was the fuckwit Barry Egan?
sounds like him

Caroline Records was one of the shittiest record shops ever
can't belive it stayed open so long

I rarely post on here (strictly limited edition - that's me!) but I just want to say congrats to the Tychos and Carol for their Meteor noms. Richly deserved because they ARE the best band in Ireland and they DO have the best female singer in Ireland. Fact.

Respect. Total respect.

bfenby2 said:
I rarely post on here (strictly limited edition - that's me!) but I just want to say congrats to the Tychos and Carol for their Meteor noms. Richly deserved because they ARE the best band in Ireland and they DO have the best female singer in Ireland. Fact.

Respect. Total respect.
What about Joan of Arse?

face said:
what about them ,thumped clickety clickety click.tychos are indeed deserving but why is it only the click get sticked.
apologies to anyone else that posts here regularly that were also nominated for an award

won't happen again

also the best story teller... i brought a ham to the boil the other night. sayin'.
Donal said:
2 nded

Happy birthday to Carol. By far The best vocalist in The Tycho Brahe.

keep .|..|ing

D

Was there more birthday joy this week???

Sissy, I would've called to wish you a happy day if you would have called to tell me it was your birthday and that other thing that I'm waiting on you to call me about.

Happy Birthday anyway, so glad you're alive when I am, and congratulations again on the nominations!

Amazingly, or maybe not, my Health Board phone worked when I texted my votes. It didn't work when I was voting to save Federico on Big Brother though. When is that DVD coming out anyway, suppose' to have some full frontal Federico fascination fling. Ah, alliteration...ain't at amazingly too?

T

This morning I got a taxi to work and the driver was listening to Lite FM. They played some Thrills song and anounced that they were nominated for best Irish band at the Meteor awards. He went on to list all the other bands who were nominated EXCEPT THE TYCHO BRAHE. I sent an e-mail suggesting that they include all band in such an announcement as the omission of one is very very unfair on said band. I'm sure they just didn't know how to pronounce it so I broke it down for them too. I never got a reply, but was wondering if anybody was listening to see if they corrested their mistake.

The Chilli King said:
I'm sure they just didn't know how to pronounce it so I broke it down for them too.
According to the singing astronomer that was talking about Tycho Brahe on last month's The Sky At Night, it's pronounced something like 'Teecho Brah-hey'.

The Chilli King said:
This morning I got a taxi to work and the driver was listening to Lite FM. They played some Thrills song and anounced that they were nominated for best Irish band at the Meteor awards. He went on to list all the other bands who were nominated EXCEPT THE TYCHO BRAHE. I sent an e-mail suggesting that they include all band in such an announcement as the omission of one is very very unfair on said band. I'm sure they just didn't know how to pronounce it so I broke it down for them too. I never got a reply, but was wondering if anybody was listening to see if they corrested their mistake.
Their offices are beside the Deerhunter in Glenageary. Firebomb them.

They dont need to have made a fuck up like this to deserve a firebombing.

also, what the heck does this mean?
"what about them ,thumped clickety clickety click.tychos are indeed deserving but why is it only the click get sticked."

Anthony said:
They dont need to have made a fuck up like this to deserve a firebombing.

also, what the heck does this mean?
"what about them ,thumped clickety clickety click.tychos are indeed deserving but why is it only the click get sticked."
in case there's any confusion - my reply to that post was meant to be sarcastic.

pete stickies anything to do with the tycho brahe or the dudley corporation (the corpo), ain't no big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back