Concrete Sox August 2010 (1 Viewer)

ambasador

Hi all,

i want to do a gig in cork for concrete sox (uk) and germ attak (canada), and im looking for 2 more cities to do it. tour will be on august 2010, so there is a lot of time, but if someone is interesting please mail me.

Vic 'Sox' Croll: Guitar/Vocals
Gregg Russell: Guitar/Vocals.
Andy Reynolds: Drums.
Les Duly: Bass/Vocals

try myspace concretesoxofficialmusic

what year was concrete sox in McGonagle's? 1988? awesome letterkenny band supported. I think called bald agression

i got email from vic today. He said:

i just emailed Donal from Dublin... Germ Attak from Canada aren't coming now but we will still probably tour in August... i'm in contact with Droppin Bombs who may tour with us...
keep in touch, Vic.

so we are on good way to do it. if somebody is looking for direct contact here is email to admin-concretesox(at)ntlworld(dot)com

By the way if anybody are from cork who wants play in a band. i'm looking for people to reactivate a band where i played ages ago.
here is link to myspace . we want to start from scratch complete. influences: wolfbrigade, victims, oi polloi, doom.

if you want play feel free to contact us bisect-dbeat(at)myspace(dot)com

By the way if anybody are from cork who wants play in a band. i'm looking for people to reactivate a band where i played ages ago.
here is link to myspace . we want to start from scratch complete. influences: wolfbrigade, victims, oi polloi, doom.

if you want play feel free to contact us bisect-dbeat(at)myspace(dot)com

Hey, are you the dude I met from Poland at the Napalm Death gig in Waterford, think I bump into you at at Sub-Humans and a few gigs in freds....I was the robust short chap with two shitty little dreads hanging off the side of my head ha ha :)
I added the band on myspace...under sewer rat....

Might not be a good idea in bringing over Concrete Sox.
Just seen on the Profane Existence board - Concrete Sox tour in Germany was cancelled after 3 gigs because they were absolutely terrible somebody had wrote "the berlin gig was the worst gig i have ever seen. it was more like a comedy band. they should never ever be allowed to enter a stage again."
The band played 5 of their own songs and 7 covers, including some Social Distortion.
Vic had to read their own lyrics from a lyricsheet (that is fairly bad)

The tour booker had written a message which is translated into English through google translator so not good grammar but you can get the jist of it:
Hello everyone ...
the ballo here ... I am sorry to tell you that was canceled the entire concrete sox tour. reason for this one band, the band Simple tile is no ... the first three concerts in Bremen in the Friesstrasse in Göttingen in Juzi and the Köpy to Berlin proved to be true disasters ... the band was somehow vic, cem guitarist / vocalist (by the way, the texts he has read from the music stand ... I could not believe it ... really !)... zusammengeschuster ... and well, who were then taken by 4 weeks before tour start to rehearse ... really bad covers of cockney rejects social distortion and / or an anti-sect jamer cover ... poor ... really poor ...
the band has ruined himself and has decided to cancel the tour ... poor get poorer ...
I did as a little sorry for his colleagues, since the d have bought virtually the cat in the sack ...
well, it can not be true that a self-titled cult band (I'm starting to like to laugh!) 5 and 7 separate pieces really abysmal social distortion cover versions ... they have gecovert ... hahahahahahaha ... I do not know whether I should laugh or puke ...
between the members there was ever really Zoff zickereien .. ...
well, after they have in the Köpi then messed gig was probably clear to all involved that we must not reinziehn the desaster ....
I have confronted the band so that all this is more than poor and stuff, not heard her ... there are some people tear the ass to organize so ne ne Spack tour concerts ... or make clear and then comes something like so ...
I really must apologize ... just as bokken me this is very unpleasant, because some people wirlich helped me make a concert ... have clearly spent too knead for flyer and other things ...
I could not take really so ... that was ne ... ne verarsche band can not even play their own songs ... sad sad ...
no matter checked off ... sorry ...
ballo

pretty sad stuff- their my space is funny -its all " drummer wanted urgent", "van wanted urgent etc"

anywya the only good thing is that they have links on their my space to get the first two albums as free downloads - by the proper band that is though whether the rest of them know they are for free for download is anyones guess!!

Might not be a good idea in bringing over Concrete Sox.
Just seen on the Profane Existence board - Concrete Sox tour in Germany was cancelled after 3 gigs because they were absolutely terrible somebody had wrote "the berlin gig was the worst gig i have ever seen. it was more like a comedy band. they should never ever be allowed to enter a stage again."
The band played 5 of their own songs and 7 covers, including some Social Distortion.
Vic had to read their own lyrics from a lyricsheet (that is fairly bad)

The tour booker had written a message which is translated into English through google translator so not good grammar but you can get the jist of it:
Hello everyone ...
the ballo here ... I am sorry to tell you that was canceled the entire concrete sox tour. reason for this one band, the band Simple tile is no ... the first three concerts in Bremen in the Friesstrasse in Göttingen in Juzi and the Köpy to Berlin proved to be true disasters ... the band was somehow vic, cem guitarist / vocalist (by the way, the texts he has read from the music stand ... I could not believe it ... really !)... zusammengeschuster ... and well, who were then taken by 4 weeks before tour start to rehearse ... really bad covers of cockney rejects social distortion and / or an anti-sect jamer cover ... poor ... really poor ...
the band has ruined himself and has decided to cancel the tour ... poor get poorer ...
I did as a little sorry for his colleagues, since the d have bought virtually the cat in the sack ...
well, it can not be true that a self-titled cult band (I'm starting to like to laugh!) 5 and 7 separate pieces really abysmal social distortion cover versions ... they have gecovert ... hahahahahahaha ... I do not know whether I should laugh or puke ...
between the members there was ever really Zoff zickereien .. ...
well, after they have in the Köpi then messed gig was probably clear to all involved that we must not reinziehn the desaster ....
I have confronted the band so that all this is more than poor and stuff, not heard her ... there are some people tear the ass to organize so ne ne Spack tour concerts ... or make clear and then comes something like so ...
I really must apologize ... just as bokken me this is very unpleasant, because some people wirlich helped me make a concert ... have clearly spent too knead for flyer and other things ...
I could not take really so ... that was ne ... ne verarsche band can not even play their own songs ... sad sad ...
no matter checked off ... sorry ...
ballo

jesus! i was under the impression these lads were amazing live

would love to read the tour diary of this one, i'd say it'd be up there with the classic ebola tour diary i read years ago where they fell out with the promoter, crusty girl gets in van annoying people for days, driver gets off with crusty girl so they are stuck with her etc etc - all round classic. it was in one of them big uk zines .

ps obviously ebola were not a farce like this - it was the tour that went wrong not the band etc.

jeeasysus.. I was emailing them about putting on a two dayer with them headlining.. I'll have to rethink the whole thing now... maybe just go for cans in the park

jeeasysus.. I was emailing them about putting on a two dayer with them headlining.. I'll have to rethink the whole thing now... maybe just go for cans in the park

You're putting on a two dayer? Cool.

You're putting on a two dayer? Cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back