Comprehensive List of Bands You're Glad You Saw (2 Viewers)

Jaysis, my second ever concert and you were at it. That's cool. I remember the bouncers being lovely and telling my dad it was no problem for me to come in so long as I stayed with him. I was blown away by the whole thing. I never knew such a world existed. My first gig was seeing Madness in the Point in 1995. This was something completely different.

My dad approached the Bis members after they played while they were packing up their gear to get their autographs for me. My dad is awesome.
I was at both the Bis (with Bikini Kill, right?) and Madness Point gigs!

I was at both the Bis (with Bikini Kill, right?)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and team dresch

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I might check back in with my own, but for now here's a list of your copied and pasted gigs that I as also really glad to be at:

Beastie Boys at the Electric Picnic
Lightning Bolt
Slint - I was pretty much on Mushrooms
Radiohead - In a big top, just after Kid A and before Amnesiac, it was amazing.
Lightning Bolt - Nuff said
Part Chimp - Nuff said, broke up afterwards
Flaming Lips -
Eels - Right after Souljacker
Grinderman - They played Tupelo, fucking Tupelo!!!!
Mission of Burma
Pulp at EP -
Jay Reatard in Whelans
Sparklehorse in Whelans -
Deerhoof in TBMC - also near Thom Yorke
LCD Soundsystems final gig in Tripod
Nick Cave in Vicar St.

Watercress at the phoenix festival someplace in middle England in 1996 - just happened to stumble hungover into the tent early in the morn cos it was too hot to sleep, musta gone to see them 20 times after that

Nick Cave in Liss Ard 1997-ish - with about 20 people out in a little wood, Nick just sitting there playing his electric piano, the mic stand kept sinking into the moss. I was utterly, utterly star-struck

For local acts the few the ones that spring immediately to mind are - Settler's last gig (Lower Deck), first time I saw Mumblin Deaf Ro (in Whelan's on a Sunday afternoon), first time I saw trm (in the Savoy in Limerick).

Loads more too I spose. Sure aren't deadly gigs deadly all the same

Me too..great to hear all these..

hey...waaaait a minute

fmimg6197047031294723410.jpg

Radiohead - In a big top, just after Kid A and before Amnesiac, it was amazing.
That would be one for me alright. A band at the height of their powers. Also apparently they made fuck all off that tour because they provided their own art/decor and banned corporate advertising and lugged around the huge tent which was custom made for it's acoustics. Made for a deadly experience.

Another would be !!! on St Patrick's Day. I had a load of cousins over from the UK and it was a total risk bringing them to it. We all got fucked up and it was a savage night. The band soon went to shit after this.

Top of the pile would be Q and Not U in Paris. Blew me away, hung out with them for the night afterwards and they soon split up having never made it to Ireland.

Low on the Trust tour, Ambassador. Right time to see them before the quality dipped. Although Zak Sally was around for one more tour but Sparhawk's voice was fucked that time.
That was a great gig. Dudley's supporting as well made it even better. Embarrassingly I was running for student election at the time, skipped the count to be there. So glad I made that choice!

Top of the pile would be Q and Not U in Paris. Blew me away, hung out with them for the night afterwards and they soon split up having never made it to Ireland.

No way! There was so much talk of getting to to see them there (or wales i think??) amongst my friends and I but we were such broke students it was never gonna happen.

No way! There was so much talk of getting to to see them there (or wales i think??) amongst my friends and I but we were such broke students it was never gonna happen.
Ah balls, to add insult to injury you could've witnessed me making a holy show of myself with them after the gig.

This thread has turned into "great gigs you at",right?
Haha, well it's supposed to be the antithesis of the Bands You Wish You Hadn't Seen thread which was about gigs that turned out to be a disappointment for whatever reason and people felt let down. So gigs that exceeded expectation or turned out to be a particularly fortuitous time to catch a band are surely pertinent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back