Coming to Ireland from the US (1 Viewer)

Phelan_Kell

hey guys, my wife and i will be in Ireland from march 9 till march 24. Since the FMD problem, we have limted out trip to Ireland only, rather than England as well.
since we are only going to be in Ireland for 2 weeks, we wanted to try and find some good punk shows.
i have been scouring the internet looking for venues and bands but i haven't yet found a site that has been updated since late 2000.
can you guys offer any assistance?
any info on bands, venues or punk zines would be great!
we'd really appreciate it!
thanks!

thanks!
i hadent noticed the "listings" section yet. been looking around on a ton of other sites...
from looking at that, all the bands i know are GBH, Motorhead, Vice Squad and they playing later in the year! (except for Vice Squad) =O(
do you know if any places i can look to find information on the other bands listed there?
there are only a couple of descriptions of the bands and they arent too helpful.
in the mean time, i'll do searches on those band names.
thanks for the help!

Heya Phelan...you should check out http://culchikore.8m.com, it's got a lot more punk rock stuff & you can find out all about Irish zines, bands, labels, etc. there. I dunno if there're many punk rock gigs on the dates you're over but there some should be some stuff. E-mail me if you want to find out more, I've just finished an Irish Scene Report for some other zines and if you want I can e-mail it to you as an attached .doc file?

thanks alot Cormy!
i sent you an email and i am checking that site out now.
if you run across anything, please let me know!
thanks!

estel in vicar street on the 20th march.

here boss, what is the story with that estel gig?
vicar st, eh?
who's putting it on, who is estel playing with? etc etc, cos i'd really like to know more......

here lorcanzo: you forgot about The Baseball Fury, who are also playing that gig on the 16th.

according to aikenpromotions.ie, Estel are indeed playing the shelter on 20th march.

its news to me, and its definitly weird seeing as its also news to you, swingkid...

Not to worry. It's tbc.
I'm more excited by:
Harry Crosbie presents:
It's a Rock 'N' Roll Life - Hurricane Johnny & Dave the Rave

It'll be a madhouse!

it says at:

http://www.vicarstreet.com/bar.htm

that estel are playing on the 20th of march. thats the reason why i wanna go: cos i heard they were finished giggin' (their singer walked out or something?) oh and damien i'm sorry i didn't say the baseball fury, i haven't seen them before though, so it should be a good night!

estel haven't stopped gigging.
ashley (guitar/vocals) has left and i'm told they have a temporary replacement.
they are very much still on the go.

the 'fury will provide a nice interlude of bone-shattering rock in between the puny wimp-core of the 'spoons and the 'corpo.

as far as estel know, they told the people organising the gig in the shelter that they couldn't play it, so i don't know why they are still being advertised as playing. at the moment estel have no definite gigs planned except for a week of gigs in england with belfast band some days better, at the end of may. also ashley did not "walk out", it was talked about for ages before. three songs have been recorded before ashley left [regardez moi(i'm up to my neck in crap again), drum whore and little plastic star(hums when i play guitar)]. for now the band are practising as a four piece, but if anyone knows anybody who could take ashley's place please get in touch!

what kind of music does Estel and Baseball Fury play?
i am still looking for punk shows to goto and i leave tomorrow. hopefuly, i will be able to find a cyber cafe to check this board and email while i am there.
i talked to a friend of mine here in the US who is from Belfast.
she told me to check for a zine called "Hot Press." she said it was like a zine we have here called "Public News" and "Houston Press" which comes out weekely and lists all gigs, venues, pubs and lots of music reviews.
is this zine pretty easy to find?
she also told me that there were alot of punk/hc stores in Dublin and Belfast.
can any one give me the names of any of these kinds of stores?
sorry for the bombardment of questions and thanks for any assistance you can give!
we are really excited about coming over and we cant wait to get there!!!!
cheers!

Hot Press is a twice monthly mag really, not a zine as such. But the Event Guide might be more useful for you and it's got an ok website:
http://www.eventguide.ie/

thanks Kirstie.
i have been looking at their website and it is a bit vague...
guess i'll have to find a copy of the mag and then ask around some, when we get there.
i really appreciate all the assistance!

Hey Phelan, did you get the e-mail w/ scene report attached I sent you/ That has details of various shops & so on. Make sure you get to the Secret Book & Record Store on Wicklow Street (just off Grafton Street, walk past Tower (PAST Tower!!) and it's on your right a bit on, big yellow sign outside), and try to find Road Records too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back