Collective practice space (1 Viewer)

There should be a thread dedicated to eoin and donjo's secondary school nicknames.

monklink.jpg

Ideally it'd be great to relocate to Seomra Spraoi when its set up, also, I don't think theres going to be a load of randomers using the place, mostly the bands involved. Anyway, meeting at 6.00 on Thursday in me gaff?

None of us can make it Eoin but can you count both bands as in.Maybe talk to you tommorrow at the benefit??
eoin said:
Ideally it'd be great to relocate to Seomra Spraoi when its set up, also, I don't think theres going to be a load of randomers using the place, mostly the bands involved. Anyway, meeting at 6.00 on Thursday in me gaff?

eoin said:
i'll be at the benifit too

eoin said:

It would only really work if it was a handful of bands with a night each,renting out would make it become more of a business and more complicated to organise etc. Unfortunately like Brian says we are unlikely to make it to a meeting but we'd like to be in on it.

Yeah I think thats gonna be the basic idea. is there anyone who actually can make the meeting, i was thinking the best place would actually be in the lock-up.

Okaaay... Nowt people came to the meeting on Thursday. So I'm going to say Sunday at 6.00 and if you don't have a really good excuse (like say you're in jail...) then you is OUT. I really want to get this together and don't want it to be a collective thats run by 2 or 3 people in it.

Is there a meeting today or what? Probably should have bumped this yesterday to remind people. Not sure I'll get down but I want to.

ok. did a quick check on google for soundproofing as per the meeting earlier.

http://www.soundproofingamerica.com/soundproofing.asp - the sound proofing your shooting range part is pretty scarey

http://www.homerecordingconnection.com/forum.php?action=view_thread&id=8753&frm=4 - is a thread looking for budget soundproofing advice, some bad news here in terms of cost...

http://www.auralex.com/ - probably a bit hitech and high cost but all the principles are the same no matter what you're doing.

there's obviously loads more stuff. it would be good if whoever's interested would look around for cheap solutions to the noise factor. loads of heads will come up with good suggestions, i'm sure.

the main thing seems to be mass, high density flexible material such as hi-density rubber, vinyl, or rockwool (or alternative) and normal insulating wools for attics and so on aren't suitable.

anyone done this before and wanna add your 2c?

Sorry I haven't been back to people on this but I had to spend a week in the Real World, the door is going to be installed tomorrow and I'll be getting the keys at 2.00. We have to get together to start talking about soundproofing and the first months rent. Possibly also a benefit gig. Were gonna need fuck loads of money to get this off the ground. We've had one meeting so far and decided that at first there would be a core of Lebanon Death Train, Oak, Breaking the Walls and Baby Dave to get things started up. When can people meet - this week, in the lock up?

even with cadged materials and free labour I would say you are looking at a four figure sum at the very least. You should talk to Ste Anderson, they went for the real deal at their place. I don't know yr space so don't know how much work you are gonna have to put into it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back