Collective practice space (1 Viewer)

Willie Willions

Since 2000
Ok, I've found a place, its in Drumcondra, lockup behind a house, 400sq. feet, 600 quid a month. Me, Donal, Daragh and Lam have put up the 600 quid deposit so were good to go! I want to get anyone who wants to get envolved together this week so's we can start working on shit. I'm thinking next Friday? Suggestions please.

On a proper note I suggest you get the place in order to actually use as a practice space, see if you can get some gear left there people could practice with, see if people want to hire it to practice in. If a band practicing paid maybe €20 for three hours you could theoretically have the €600 back in a week or so. Once the original sort of costs have been covered this could even be lowered past that. Also you would probably need volunteers to be about to make sure bands don't fuck about with the gear when they are there.
Anyone that leaves gear in the place should get free practices. Getting a PA will probably be your biggest problem, ideally you want to raise the money to buy a cheap one of sorts, or if you could get one on a payment scheme where you pay it back bit by bit that might do the job.
You'll probably want to get a book made up of practice dates and times so that you know what bands are practicing when so that nobody gets double-booked, this is a real pain in the ass when it happens!
You might want to get some soundproofing of some sort too. Once you are set up properly, you want to get the word out as much as possible that a cheap practice space is available. Also you want to get all this done quick as possible so that everything can be up and running!

i think if yer going to be renting on a block time basis ya'd want to be charging alot more than 20 euro for 3 hours, people wont respect the room or the gear if its that cheap, alternativelay if peeps are looking to book it on an ongoing basis, get a deposit off them, and then maybe charge 20 euro for 3 hours.Obviously if ya were sharing the rent of building with other bands, respecting the gear building shount be an issue. anyway fair fucks ta ya for gettin this off the ground and remember........(i dont even know what this "in" joke is about) ...if ya pay peanuts ya get
The%203%20monkeys.jpg

Thats fucking deadly, i might be able to sort you out with some gear if the bands providing it get some deal or something, if they're interested ill go to that meating and bring them along. If you need any other help give us a shout the place sounds deadly, its ray from baldoyle by the way.

Firstly well done.
And on a bad note remember the steam pig and Estels practice room was broke into by some hardcore heads (They smashed in the concete wall). So maybe some insurance on the gear is worth looking into.

just to make some points,

i think the 4 of us can cover the rent respectivly, so making money back isn't an issue, also we will have the place set up ALARMED thanks to some engineer guys living in the adjoining house. the gear so far is ++++

Drumkit - Eoin
Drumkit - Lam

Bassamp - Donal

PA - Lam (2 mics, 3 channels,1 broken)

were not too sure about a few guitar amps yet,

we're open to some people that can commit long term

i have a marshall combo that you can use for the foreseeable future, it needs a bit of repair, although i think it could just be that it needs someone who knows what they're doing to clean the pots properly. its 100w and i reckon would be grand for your average practice.

Do people want to have the meeting at me gaff (Phibsboro) on Thursday evening? If not, anyone have any ideas for somewhere else, maybe a bit bigger?

Ive got a bass amp gathering dust in a shed, if yis want it. It might be a 30watt or maybe 50. Derry knows.

Fuckin nice one Eoin! If oe f you wants to get my old 100watt Marshall combo off of someone from Estel or The Steam Pig you're welcome to use it there, just try and take care of it. You should be really careful that arrangements are properly made about use of gear, how repairs will be paid for etc, otherwise there'll be big problems in the long run. Charging enough to make an account for repairs, emergencies, blah blah blah would be good.

do you think that once seomra spraoi gets up and running you'd be able to relocate this to their space?

last meeting i was at they were still planning to create practice space.

Fuck those guys. The Seomra Spraoi practice room will be ten times better. Yeah.

Seriously though, I'm sure that two cheap practice spaces around Dublin will be well used. There's more than enough young people playing in the groups nowadays.

Fair play lads.
This brings a whole new meaning to the name Fulham. You should be proud.

Fullam.
not fulham, i used to called "full of ham" by some imaginative people in secondary school.. ho ho, if only they could see me now, i haven't eaten ham in weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back