Collective Practice Space pt. 2 (1 Viewer)

Willie Willions

Since 2000
Ok, haven't been doing much on this front because I've been looking for a gaff but thats pretty much sorted now. I've been looking in the Herald and various wotsits but there isn't really much point viewing anywhere untill we have some sort of meeting in Real Life. We need to talk about the wheres, whens, how muchs and other suchwhats. Anyone want to propose a venue for meeting? I was thinking we could just do it in Trinners as its central but if anyone has any better ideas... want to try and get this going as soon as possible.

i came on here looking for an update on this thing..
thought maybe it had fell to the wayside like lots of other well intended ideas

yeah i'm easy this weekend

speaking of gaffs, does anyone know of any rooms to rent? i'm currently residing in a hostel and it sucks, phone and moola robbed last week and work nearly fired me for being late, need stability...

I'll put this here too: the meetings aren't going to happen in the cafe now, I don't think its the best place for it as people are unlikely to go. What do yis think of doing them before gigs that we are mostly all going to be at? Say the gig in Boh's on Sunday week? Huh? Huh? Whatdyasay?

i just moved into a gaff at Mountjoy sq and i believe bohs isn't too far from there

i'm working till 7 on sunday and will stroll up around that time, what gig is taking place?

yeah give us some quick directions but i shouldn't have any problems

who else is turning up for this, post a reply... or maybe i was right "maybe it had fell to the wayside like lots of other well intended ideas"

Im interested, kinda confused as to where and when you're meeting?

S'why I was asking for feedback. i was thinking maybe half an hour before the gig on Sunday in Boh's? I'm open to other suggestions though, this isn't MY collective practice space...

well it wont be anyone's collective practice space with that attitude.

man if i was staying in ireland this would be fuckin amazing to get started, the prices of rehersals in dublin is fuckin ridiculous, DeNovissimus practiced three times last week, costing a total of 210euro, and for people earning a shit wage or on the dole it must be terrible burden, specially people in several bands, a collective practice space would be amazing, so many new bands would form, surely with the amount of people on this site flinging money to rehersal places every week surely that cash pooled with cover costs incurred.

anyway just think it's a deadly idea.|..|

anyone want to join my new cover band "Dire Lizzy"

yeah though i'd love a "free for all" time slot that people would just turn up and jam and see what comes of it, meet a few heads and drink a few beers

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back