Coffee (1 Viewer)

Coffee is best enjoyed

• Total voters
i never really got the hang of the turkish coffee thing - it tastes grand but its not like it was the first time.

im going to cut out coffee for a while to see if it makes me feel any better. starting today its just the one cup in the morning and after a while i might have a smaller and/or weaker cup in the morning and then i'll stop having one every morning. maybe next week i might be ready to move to smaller/weaker (maybe just smaller) and i'll keep extra cups for special occasions only.

black black black

It's all Coop's fault

BLAAAAAAGHCK!!!!!!!!!!!
pattyWaters.jpg

V rare I'd drink coffee late enough in the evening to be putting booze in it, but if I was my first choice would be amaretto

Hmmm, interesting. Must try that sometime. I usually avoid night-time coffee aside from special occasions.

squiggle, have you asked the bald barista about the vacuum coffee makers? he'd be the man to sort you out i'd say.

im pretty much off the coffee for the last week. i did have two cups of nice filter coffee on saturday morning, before that i had a cup of shitty instant coffee on the previous monday morning. yesterday i went into what looked like a proper coffee shop (it said coffee shop on the door) and was presented with a cup of pissy instant coffee which i only drank out of politeness. they just dont seem to do proper coffee in ghana so i might as well stop drinking unless theres something decent to be had.

squiggle, have you asked the bald barista about the vacuum coffee makers? he'd be the man to sort you out i'd say.

im pretty much off the coffee for the last week. i did have two cups of nice filter coffee on saturday morning, before that i had a cup of shitty instant coffee on the previous monday morning. yesterday i went into what looked like a proper coffee shop (it said coffee shop on the door) and was presented with a cup of pissy instant coffee which i only drank out of politeness. they just dont seem to do proper coffee in ghana so i might as well stop drinking unless theres something decent to be had.

Hmmm, that sounds like a good plan, thanks Shaney. Must try to get up that way soon.

I really can't drink instant coffee anymore. I'd sooner drink tea. My nespresso machine has me totally spoiled.

I saw Henry Rollins in Edinburgh last year and he was talking about his trip to Lebanon. Apparently it's the most ass-kicking coffee ever. I've been on the hunt for it ever since but I don't think the Lebanese government allow much exportation. Boo-urns.

Did a bit more research and I absolutely love this one - japanese, apparently based on an old model by Cona.

yama_table_parts.jpg

Not exactly the man you'd like to be looking at having staggered out of the bedroom, gee eyed from the previous night's sauce, and have to go to work in 7 minutes though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7340005.stm

Animal dung coffee at £50 a cup

_44555410_rarecoffee_170pa.jpg
The blend is made from two rare coffee beans

A gourmet coffee blended from animal droppings is being sold at a London department store for £50 per cup.
Jamaican Blue Mountain and the Kopi Luwak bean are used to create Caffe Raro which is thought to be the most expensive cup of coffee in the world.
Kopi Luwak beans are eaten, then passed, by the cat-like Asian palm civet, and sell for £324 a kilogram.
All profits from sales of the coffee at Peter Jones in Sloane Square in April will go to Macmillan Cancer Support.

i have a lil bag of gorgeous smelling coffee beans from the Dominican Republic. how do i make these into drinkable coffee at no cost?

Cruise around some fancy supermarkets and see if any of them have grinders that you can grind coffee beans (presumably they intend that you actually bought the beans there).

Then you can heat some water up in a solar still, mix the coffee in, let it settle and decant into a jam jar.

You can rob sugar from the local Starbucks if needed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7340005.stm

Animal dung coffee at £50 a cup

_44555410_rarecoffee_170pa.jpg
The blend is made from two rare coffee beans

A gourmet coffee blended from animal droppings is being sold at a London department store for £50 per cup.
Jamaican Blue Mountain and the Kopi Luwak bean are used to create Caffe Raro which is thought to be the most expensive cup of coffee in the world.
Kopi Luwak beans are eaten, then passed, by the cat-like Asian palm civet, and sell for £324 a kilogram.
All profits from sales of the coffee at Peter Jones in Sloane Square in April will go to Macmillan Cancer Support.

ever had a shit cup of coffee?

Met an interseting guy on a working holiday that I was on last year.

His company is one of the best coffee bean commodity companies in the world. He supplies all the good roasters such as Java Rep, Matthew Algie, Stumptown in Oregon, and loads of others. He reckonned that Kopi Luwak was great but no better than countless other single estate type coffees at a fraction of the cost.

just got an old school zassenhaus burr grinder. 10 bills from ebay.de. now to get some good beans.
anyone know any good online shops? holla

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back