Clothes and haircuts (2 Viewers)

bought some 30inch jeans and small shorts in pennies at the weekend. wasn't even fooling myself really. straight back they go this weekend.

I like Steven Segal's approach, daring people to take the piss out of his hairstyle when they know he can kill them with his bare hands.

6129d0592800003cf271e9fb.jpeg

I think the reason he pivoted to Russia is that they have a strong cosmetic surgery industry, and he looks better than the Русский стандарт of cosmetic surgery recipients. So they make him look good.

Interesting that as I typed that a plane flew very quickly overhead, and then my wifi went down.

Was chatting to a friend a while ago about a friend of her who's always really well-dressed, and saying that everytime I see this person I feel inspired to put more effort into my clothes ... and then realised as I was talking that everything I was wearing from the waist up was stuff I got free off work

Was chatting to a friend a while ago about a friend of her who's always really well-dressed, and saying that everytime I see this person I feel inspired to put more effort into my clothes ... and then realised as I was talking that everything I was wearing from the waist up was stuff I got free off work

Snap, so am I. It is a really nice hoodie though.

When I first started in this line of work and I was inexperienced and well, shit, I'd see these freelance dudes working for company X but wearing kit from company Y. I always thought that was lazy and unprofessional. If you're gonna get paid 4x more than me, at least wear the proper clothes. I also thought it was showing off, like "I've worked for all these people, I'm in demand, I'm special". No you're not.

Then I went up from being a "vegetable" and I was now one of guys working for company X and company Y, but today working for company Z. And then I realised that it's just a fucking t-shirt.

That said, if I ever wore work clothes from my labouring days, I'd get told off immediately. I've had people throw kit at me demanding "Take that filthy shit off, you're not *that* any more".

Might be different in your lines of work.

I went out wearing:

A new cast on my broken wrist, in black. The Plasterer actually gave me a choice of colours when she put the new cast on yesterday. So fresh new cast.
Also a white wifebeater vest with my mates rapper name spray painted on it, because it was really hot today and I don't own many clothes that aren't black.
A particularily tattered pair of work trousers because they don't require a belt. because looping a belt through is hard fucking work at the moment.
Also runners that don't require me to tie shoe laces, because that's hard fucking work at the moment.
Unshaven in the last three weeks because that's hard fucking work at the moment.
Sunglasses, safety rated work ones, because it was sunny and why would I own any other kind of sunglasses.

Twice, total strangers came up to me saying "mate, I have to say, you look cool as fuck".

I think I won the outfit lottery tonight. No idea how. Am I punk now?
I'm ever so slightly chuffed, but really I'm more confused.

I went out wearing:

A new cast on my broken wrist, in black. The Plasterer actually gave me a choice of colours when she put the new cast on yesterday. So fresh new cast.
Also a white wifebeater vest with my mates rapper name spray painted on it, because it was really hot today and I don't own many clothes that aren't black.
A particularily tattered pair of work trousers because they don't require a belt. because looping a belt through is hard fucking work at the moment.
Also runners that don't require me to tie shoe laces, because that's hard fucking work at the moment.
Unshaven in the last three weeks because that's hard fucking work at the moment.
Sunglasses, safety rated work ones, because it was sunny and why would I own any other kind of sunglasses.

Twice, total strangers came up to me saying "mate, I have to say, you look cool as fuck".

I think I won the outfit lottery tonight. No idea how. Am I punk now?
I'm ever so slightly chuffed, but really I'm more confused.
Pics or it didn’t happen.

I feel this way every time I visit dublin or go on holiday. Residing in the country has resulted in me living 24/7 in potato sacks. It started with, if I wear baggy clothes, I don't get as many uncomfortable comments when working behind the bar. Or dick pics sent to me. :sick: Then I started to fill out those baggy clothes with my "who cares what I look like" attitude. Now the uncomfortable comments are about me gaining weight and getting even bagger clothes. Basically, I'm at the Homer Simpson moo-moo and fat cap stage. Something has to give, hopefully not my chair. :LOL:

Residing in the country has resulted in me living 24/7 in potato sacks
Playing down the pub last night and a wedding crowd from Monaco (whatever the fuck they were doing in Slane I have no idea) and they were all dressed SO NICELY and SO FUCKING GORGEOUS I was just dazzled. Made the rest of my life seem dull. One woman did the can-can while I was roaring out Dirty Old Town

Got a new pair of vans, exactly like my old vans so it kind of takes the shine off it, but still..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Where is good in Dublin to pick up a leather biker jacket? I was nosing around some second hand/vintage shops but anything good was made for tiny people so think I’ll need to go with a new jacket if I want one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back