Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
Getting excited.

clonewarstroopers.jpg

Does this have anything to do with Tartakovsky at all? If it doesn't look like Samurai Jack it's probably gonna be a piece of shit.

i watched episode 3 a few nights back.
lucas really hadnt a clue what he was doing. i'm sure these will be somewhat better than the prequels but who gives a fuck anymore.

ewoks.jpg

039_24133%7ERichard-Roundtree-Posters.jpg

Does this have anything to do with Tartakovsky at all? If it doesn't look like Samurai Jack it's probably gonna be a piece of shit.

I don't think he's involved with the film, although the character designs will be based on his ones from the shorts. Or so I've heard.

Has anyone besides Pixar ever made a good all-CGI film? Off the top of my head, I can't think of any, so I'm not too pushed about seeing this.

There's a big bust up over reviews of this on AICN.

They had reviews up by Harry and a couple of others all of which were pulled at the request of the studio as they have a moratorium on reviews untill release.

This is exactly the movie that comes to mind.

If it can be done this well, why do it half-assed like this one?

Because it's horrendously expensive and it ruined the company that made it, if memory serves. Not that it would matter to Lucas who's up to his mebs in cash. I was hoping it was going to be state of the art; better than Final Fantasy. Now it looks like animaniacs or something. Not sure I'll be bothered going to see this in the flicks.

Flushed Away is good. So are the Ice Age films.

Flushed Away was indeed good; I forgot about that.

The first Ice Age film was a funny 10-minute short (the squirrel-rat and his acorn) thinly stretched out to feature length. Wasn't my cup of tea, so I didn't bother with the others.

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
was impressive eye candy, but pretty severely lacking in the plot/dialogue/characterisation department. I thought it was pretty forgettable. Still, it deserves an A for effort, I guess.

Just looked through here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_computer-animated_films

Nothing that hasn't already been mentioned jumps out as particularly great. All in my opinion, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back