Clap Your Hands Say Yeah (1 Viewer)

tripoli

clap-your-hands-say-yeah.gif

Anyone heard this yet?

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/c/clap-your-hands-say-yeah/clap-your-hands-say-yeah.shtml

its not bad! only couple of good tracks though. Not worth buying if ya know what i mean!

nofriendo said:
its not bad! only couple of good tracks though. Not worth buying if ya know what i mean!

yeah i've heard mixed reviews, would you compare their sound to anyone in particular?

aye, a serious david byrne vibe from the singer

saw them live last week and they were pretty good...
my guess is you'll be hearing more of these, at which time i'll promptly hop off the bandwagon

oh, and their name becomes really annoying when you try bring it up in conversation....

I really like these.

Upon this Tidal Wave of Young Blood & The Skin of my Yellow Country Teeth are class class tunes.

I hear they're pretty animal live too.

Totally David Byrne ....
and also the singer dude from The Hidden Cameras too me thinks.

yeah a couple of great tunes on that record but a chunk of iffy filler. maybe if they hadn't got hyped so early and spent more time on the record....

What happened was that they put out the album themselves, pitchfork gave it a very good review and the limited run they pressed sold out really quick.

So they got another run, then another etc. In the mean time they were negotiating with a couple of labels but didn't want to rush into anything and they were handling all the shipping to record shops /paypal sales themselves for about 4 months out of one of their apartments.

Anthony said:
the power of pitchfork eh?
totally.

major distro labels watch Pitchfork like hawks hoping for good reviews of their releases. if they get favourable reviews, they ship more units. FACT.

only a matter of time until palms are getting greased round Pitchfork way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back