Church and state. (1 Viewer)

You have to make a choice. There's no point in bringing the child up to be areligious but sending them to a school where most of the children are making their communion at age 7 and the kid is then ostracised, or at least, feels that way. That could also be considered psychological abuse by imposing your own beliefs (or more accurately, non-beliefs) on them.

It's not that bad in fairness.

on The Big Day I had been 'encouraged' to make a 'donation' so I stuck some cash in an envelope and shoved it in my pocket, at the end of the ceremony (at which I realised I left the baptismal candle at home! score!) folks are milling about yapping and stuff.

So I wondered over the priest to shake his hand and say thanks, then remembered the envelope and while shaking his hand sort of 'slipped it' to him under our shaking hands, in the manner one imagines a property slipping a bribe to a county counciller... he looked totally shocked and I suddenly felt very very creepy...

so anyway don't do that :) :) :) :)

great honorarium story.

They hinted about a donation, but i was all "BUT SURE DONT YOU HAVE HER SOUL NOW YOUS GREEDY CUNTS!!!"

not really though. Still, did'nt give em any money. They're loaded; i'm not.
So should i start getting her name down for schools now or what?

So should i start getting her name down for schools now or what?

Yeah. Big Time. Some schools are taking names before birth. There was a big rigmarole on the RTE News a while ago about some Catholic School in the sticks (like Meath or somewhere - not that far) having to close its roll because of the amount of non-catholics signing up for it and some of "theirs" couldn't get in.

Down with this sort of thing

jayny-1.jpg

good drawing though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back