Chrome Hoof join Battles & Red Neck Manifesto (may 15) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 42
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 9
Stupidly missed Chrome Hoof. I thought Battles started well in the, 'oh my god, they're unbelievably tight after 2 years touring the same set', then some oldies, then fucking Atlas. Then I got a bit bored. NEW CHOONS, YOU GUYS!

I popped my Battles cherry last night, was pissd i missed them whenever theyve played.
Last night was fantastic for a bandwagon jumper.
Chrome Hoof were also fantastic, so many people where do i look.

Polyphonic Spree on speed.

I didnt know Rio Ferdinand was in Battles?

Yeah agreed, no more Battles gigs for me for a good while. Still great, but everytime I see them it's the same. Chrome Hoof were the highlight for me.

Good gig but I was disappointed there was no new tunes. Playing the same set for nearly two years is just lazy

hardly lazy! in fairness, they have been touring non-stop for a few years. i imagine it's hard to write when you tour. they are not the type of tunes you can jam out in soundcheck.

i didn't go becuase i've been to all there other gigs here. they're deadly but i don't need to see them for a bit. chrome hoof seem to have gone down really well. how did the rednecks fair? they up the ante?

chrome hoof were great, brilliant mix of instruments and voices - well impressed

rednecks were cool i thought, sound was rubbish though, and i think they were a bit frustrated by that.

battles were good, first time ive seen them, atlas was pretty dodgy, they got totally lost in the middle, the encore was the best part of the set i think, yerman is a savage drummer!

rdnx blew btls offff da stge. me also wanted to hear new battles stuff. that song chromehoof kept playing was pretty good :)

This was the first time i was kinda disappointed by Battles having them 6 times in 2 years. It just never seemed to click or something. I got the impression that John Stanier was kinda having trouble keeping things together. Just didn't seem to be playing as tight as he normally does imho(even then however, he's still amazing!). Those who missed Chrome Hoof missed the best band of the night!!! Really didn't know what top expect but was blown away. Great, fun band with a savage bass guitarist :) The amount of knobs who were quite obviously there just to hear atlas was kinda sad. I personally love the tune, but they've plenty of other tunes worthy of similar hype.

Tony O'Reilly's Media Empire said:
"Even though this is the third time Battles have been on these shores in the space of a year, their 'Mirrored' set hasn't yet become tiring or predictable."

I beg to differ

Rednecks were amazing and the new stuff sounded great. Battles were deadly as well but Chrome Hoof were a bit disappointing - nowhere near as good as the Whelan's gig anyway.

Best gig all year. never heard of Chromehoof but my god they rocked.

TThose who missed Chrome Hoof missed the best band of the night!!! Really didn't know what top expect but was blown away. Great, fun band with a savage bass guitarist :)

Yep, great gig. For me Chrome Hoof were definitely the highlight too. I love the Rednecks but some guy kept flicking his long greasy hair in my face and jumping on my feet and then I got headbutted in the back of the head by some jerk fanboy so I was glad when they left the stage. Boo to such antisocial behaviour. Battles varied between brilliant and boring.

... then I got headbutted in the back of the head by some jerk fanboy so I was glad when they left the stage. Boo to such antisocial behaviour. .

Haha, this is a coincidence - i head butted someone during redneck.Not purposely or anything though.

Quite accidental i assure you. I mean I was jumping around, some one pushed me, you need to expect this sort of thing.

But eh, it could have not been you, a completely unrelated incident - i did apologise though.

-the sound at this gig was'nt great.

I think Battles should re-name themselves The Drummer, and Battles Too.

No problems with the Rednecks. Chromehoof were not as good as i was expecting. I'd imagine they're great at festivals though. Because you'd be out of it like.

Yep, great gig. For me Chrome Hoof were definitely the highlight too. I love the Rednecks but some guy kept flicking his long greasy hair in my face and jumping on my feet and then I got headbutted in the back of the head by some jerk fanboy so I was glad when they left the stage. Boo to such antisocial behaviour. Battles varied between brilliant and boring.

Bummer, I thought I had it bad that the woman behind me kept bouncing off me with her week's shopping that she had in the massssssssssssssive bag over her shoulder.

I was disappointed for Chromehoof that the crowd didn't seem to be rockin it half as much as they deserved - they're SO good but I kinda thought they lost it a wee bit at times coz it all seemed so quiet.

As for Battles... I thought they were pretty damn good - I was standing fairly far back and I was well entertained...

Agreed on the Atlas thing though... I didn't get half as much abuse as I deserved when I shouted out for skit "RAARR YEH I ONLY CAME FOR THIS SONG..." and I kinda got the feeling alot of people were doing the same for real - this would probably also explain the largely lame crowd when Chromehoof were playing.

In terms of people bored by Battles...shoulda seen em at ATP - two nights in a row they melted my brain... savage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back