christmas exhibition - thoughts pleez (1 Viewer)

i think around the 15euro mark. it covers cost. its cheap, we will make loads of sales so will all feel good about ourselves. and be more inclined to do similair projects. not think everyone is a fecker trying to rob our ideas

im not sure my photos are worth 15 euro to be honest. we have to keep in mind thumped people will be wanting to spend their money on booze too. and buying a print for e15 then getting drunk and trampling on it.........

hhmmmm

15 yops is a pittance if you like the photo and it's a decent quality print.

Why don't you ask people to nominate requests for a photo they like that's been posted here? If the original snappers are on for it, then you've got a guaranteed sale. Kinda.

yeah that could definitely work.......there hasnt been much of a varied response to this thread yet but hopefully there will be!

Why not let the buyer pay what they want? People who do photography for fun won't want to set high prices, people who take themselves too seriously won't want to set low prices, it'll end up out of proportion and dumb. Anyone who wants to participate can pick their photo and post online which one will be available, so if someone wants to pay e250 for a magicbastarder print (or e2.50) they can bring it along with the booze money.

Inanyways, who cares if it's an insult, it's for charity, what do you care.

I think we should do this properly, maybe not at a probably messy drunken night. It's a great idea, but I think it would be much better if we planned it well and did a proper exhibition in a well-lit venue.

I'm not sure that the Christmas Party in Sin E is the best time or place, and I don't know if they will be ok with us sticking stuff on the walls. Also, much as I would love to buy some of the photographs taken by Thumped posters I wouldn't want to be carrying them around with me on the 21st December.

well why not get looking for a venue?.. what about the cathedral?.. up thomas st .. or ask anseo to put them upstairs for a few nights.. they always seem open to new ideas..

i'dreluctently agree with squiggle, she has done loads of work trying to sort out a venue(fair play to her) and i can see the scenario of 5 ratty people demanding thats what i said demanding to put up their photos. and we all get kicked out and then its back to being 15 and your stook on a dublin street with nowhere to go people forma discussion group on where to go. you feel cheated. so sneak off when you get the chance, end up feeling shitier about yourself... ahhhh memories......ps..... now im not saying we shouldnt do it at all as i htink its a great idea, just somewhere better where we can drink and not worry about putting up our pics.

or not even drink. be like the camera club arquard at first then you get to talk about photos at you are amazed at how people describe their photos and get wrapped up in a world of your own describing someone elses photo, asking them their inspiration them looking at you with amazed bewilderment ahhhh memories

right since we are not going to be bringing photos, more then likely then im making my mix cd at this very moemnt. i decided im not bringing the other half as she doesnt like thumped and of course will force me to join in arquard conversations or sit on my own feeling sorry for myself. game on=====ps can we please have like a corner in "sin e" where there is mandoratory talk bout photography or something and nothing else. pretty please with sugar on top and maybe a little glace cherry

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back