Chris Corsano & Toymonger Tour dates 8th-12th June (1 Viewer)

desertedvillage

Website
www.desertedvillage.com
Chris Corsano & Toymonger: "Highway to Heaven Tour"
Chris will play solo Percussion.
Toymonger will be a Trio again with David Lacey on Drums.

Thursday June 8th:
Dublin: The Tap, 44 North King Street, Smithfield (With Oak + Bonecloud)
9PM, 8 Euro
Friday June 9th:

Belfast: The Pavillion (With Selah)
Saturday June 10th:
Cork: Tikki Lounge (Just Corsano & Toymonger, no support)
ADM: FREE! Doors 8pm Sharp; Show must end 10pm.
Sunday June 11th:
Limerick: Boat Club (With Sea Dog)
Chris Corsano (Percussion) & Aine O'Dwyer (Harp) duo.
Monday June 12th:
Dublin: Goethe institute, 37 Merrion Sq. west, D4. 7pm, 8 euro
Chris Corsano (Percussion) & Paul G Smyth (Piano) duo.
(This is the only date Toymonger aren't playing)

http://www.myspace.com/chriscorsano
More info: www.desertedvillage.com

MP3s:
Toymonger: Whore Dame Lame
Chris Corsano: What do we mean by........?
Paul G Smyth: The Diseases of Birds
Bonecloud: Glorious Bright Light

CHRIS CORSANO
Chris Corsano has gained a well-earned reputation as one of the best drummers around. Equally at home with intense kinetic explosions of energy and concentrated near-silence, he effortlessly flows from one idea to the next, always sympatico with his fellow musicians. He has recorded and gigged with, among others, Paul Flaherty, Wally Shoup, Thurston Moore, Jim O'Rourke, Matt Heyner, Nels Cline, Jandek, Greg Kelly, Daniel Carter, Six Organs of Admittance, Steve Baczkowski, Sunburned Hand Of Man, Okkyung Lee, MV&EE, Dredd Foole, Vampire Belt, Joe McPhee, Jessica Rylan, Carlos Giffoni, Tim Barnes, Steve Swell, Christina Carter and Heather Murray.

After moving from western Massachusetts, USA to Manchester, England in 2005, Corsano focused on developing an expanded solo percussion music of his own, incorporating sax reeds, violin strings and bows, pot lids, adhesive tape, and other household devices into his drumkit. In February 2006, he released his first solo recording, The Young Cricketer, and toured the UK opening for the mighty acoustic guitarist Jack Rose.
http://www.myspace.com/chriscorsano
http://www.yod.com/hatedmusic.html

ccpromo.jpg

he he. easy now.
you should totaly play the gahstly grimey stuff at this. support the scene of the no scene. or , the scene that hasn't happened yet.

Looking forward to the Belfast date. Been wanting to see Corsano for a while now. What kinda shit does he do live? Is it all just drums cause I heard some mp3 of his and it sounded like electronics

Ciaran Mackle said:
Looking forward to the Belfast date. Been wanting to see Corsano for a while now. What kinda shit does he do live? Is it all just drums cause I heard some mp3 of his and it sounded like electronics

I got a solo Cd of his and he uses saxaphone mouthpieces attatched to shower tubes. And DIY drums of course.....pots and pans and butter knifes.....blah blah should be cool.

Ciaran Mackle said:

He has 2 new cdrs out. Blood Pressure is done solely with a mic and noisy keyboards. The young cricketeer is all acoustic (percussion + extended techniques) but it out harshes the electronic stuff in parts.

I saw him support Jack Rose a few months ago - he stuck to drums and played for an hour. It was pretty engaging, if not that varied texturally. I can't imagine a solo drum show being any better - make of that what you will.

he did a solo drum /extended technique set in lazybird a few months ago and it was unreal

haha has the corsano hype died ? the internet backlash begun? file under oak

back in 88 whe i was shiftin weight...

swingkid said:
whats the story with deburgos?
are you putting on gigs there now?
galway looking for more gigs?

A mate is the manager in deburgo's now. Havent given it much thought but i wouldnt mind putting on a few gigs again. Il be talking to him tomorrow id say so il keep ya posted.

Break Neck Speed said:
A mate is the manager in deburgo's now. Havent given it much thought but i wouldnt mind putting on a few gigs again. Il be talking to him tomorrow id say so il keep ya posted.

Shite, would've loved to do this in Galway but probably would have lost money on a venue with a hire fee. I'll keep you in mind though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back