Choice Music Awards 2008 (3 Viewers)

I'd hate to be on that panel of judges

"shite, shite, wank, shite, "
(ive never heard any of those albums btw so I'm sure some are good)
As usual loads of folktronica shit makes the list

"Here lads like Fourtet were cool around four years ago."

Just as well Im not judge, i wouldnt be very good.

Here it's a disgrace Alo isnt on that list. Youre deadly!
And no rollers sparkers???? big cunts running that Choice!

(5) For the purposes of the Choice Prize, an album must contain six or more
tracks and/or be over 33 1/3 minutes in length (33 mins, 20 seconds).

demz da rules, i should have read that shit before i released it.

Hahahahahahahahahaha.
The Script are funny.

Japeo has my vote predominantly for that bitching sample at the start of Christopher And Anthony... a great way to start an album.

Can I vote in fact? Or is is the "choice" that of "expert judges"?

Hahahahahahahahahaha.
The Script are funny.

Japeo has my vote predominantly for that bitching sample at the start of Christopher And Anthony... a great way to start an album.

Can I vote in fact? Or is is the "choice" that of "expert judges"?

I forgot to mention that Phil Lynott tune. Great album.

Have you read the On The Record comments? Arseholery from all sides. I think I'll only release my next (more accomplished) album in Africa so that it's not eligible for comment by anyone, except the people of Africa. Well, a few hipsters in Lagos anyway, and those crazy Liberians who seem to latch onto a lot of innocuous low-budget indie pop.

Have you read the On The Record comments? Arseholery from all sides. I think I'll only release my next (more accomplished) album in Africa so that it's not eligible for comment by anyone, except the people of Africa. Well, a few hipsters in Lagos anyway, and those crazy Liberians who seem to latch onto a lot of innocuous low-budget indie pop.

A friend of mine could get your album into a niche village not far from nakuru in kenya. they love all that low budget indie stuff.

popularity in zimbabwe awaits you

Land Lovers album is my second favourite Irish album of last year (after you know what). It should have been in the shake-up here. I wonder was it even considered?

Land Lovers album is my second favourite Irish album of last year (after you know what). It should have been in the shake-up here. I wonder was it even considered?

I was only joking. There's no way it should have been anywhere near contention, and I'm sure it wasn't, and it would have been extremely embarrassing and I would have moved to Nakuru to atone.

Just to give a measure of the Script's success (or at least the machine behind them). They started 08 playing the Sugar Club to less then 50 people, played gigs in June in Whelans to 400 odd, played the Button Factory in August to 700 odd and finished it in November to a sold out Olympia, 1600. Some jump in 12 months.

I think the Spook omission is every bit as glaring as MDR.

completely agree about the spook. i was SURE the lads would win the fucking thing. nice to see halfset, richie and oppenheimer listed though, and FLA have been working there bollixs off this year so fair dues.

i'd say the apes have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back