Choice Music Awards 2008 (2 Viewers)

Just to give a measure of the Script's success (or at least the machine behind them). They started 08 playing the Sugar Club to less then 50 people, played gigs in June in Whelans to 400 odd, played the Button Factory in August to 700 odd and finished it in November to a sold out Olympia, 1600. Some jump in 12 months.

they're still fucking shit

I was only joking. There's no way it should have been anywhere near contention, and I'm sure it wasn't, and it would have been extremely embarrassing and I would have moved to Nakuru to atone.

well if thats the case it really shows how out of touch I am with whats 'cool'.

Of that list I love the Jape and RSAG albums. I'd put Land Lovers ahead of either of those (my opinion). I haven't heard most of the rest but I doubt theres anything there better.

And yeah, where are Halfset, Chequerboard, Michael Knight?

fucks sake.

My 13 year old niece loves the script. I think that says is all really about them.

Hi, I just want to point out that probably it is a good thing that we can think of a list of really good Irish albums released in 2008 that is longer than the Choice shortlist. Ones we genuinely like, not 'like because they are our mates' bands'

This is a rare moment in the Irish music scene and it's a nice thing.

STILL THINK SPOOK WAS ROBBED.

that is a good point.

but still. Its like the thunder is being stolen from good bands a bit.

heres hoping one of the good albums that did get nominated wins this thing. I don't think they will though, sadly.

In general I think it's a fine and fair enough list. I mean I can only see one album that doesn't at least deserve to be there. And Jane's right, the fact that anyone can think of 5 or 6 albums that should have been there is a good thing.

It's either/or eoin - yours was eligible (and would have been a worthy inclusion). Same goes for rollers/sparkers.

depends how they count instrumentals, i'd say there were 4 songs on the record.
i didn't know who the script were so i went my spacing. if the award was for the band most proficient in emulating American bands i'd vote for them. i hope everyone else wins.

At least they managed to not make as big a hash of it as last year when they left out Ro's album. Whats the point of an Irish indie award (er...) if your going to leave out an indie album like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back