• Thread starter ron
  • Start date
  • Replies 77
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 6
Recommend or otherwise:

Dear Prudence 7" -Siouxsie + Banshees
Dancer With Bruised Knees - McGarrigle Sisters

what's the turn over of records in a charity shop? anyone ever work in one?

worked in one for six months,they usually sit them out front for a while at huge prices then fuck them all out....idiots.charity shops over here are a rip off.
i got jimmie rodgers for a $.....score me.

rodat.jpg

U Got The Look 12" - Prince - 50p
It's Christmas in Motown - Various - 1 snot
Eazy Duz It - Easy E - 1 snot
Sidelong - UI - 1 snot
They Might Be Giants & Ana NG 12" - 25p

What's Sidelong like?
Cheers

Synthesizer Gold - Various, 1994 (tape)

Creative Visualization - [SIZE=-1]Shakti Gawain, 1980 (tape)

and a tape with a handmade cover that says "RAVE", but is actually a recording of a middle aged woman reading out someones letters really slowly. i guess for a deaf person or someone who can't read? they were some pretty weird letters though.
[/SIZE]
2 euroz the lot. well spent.

i saw a load of johnny cash records in one of those two charity shops on liffey street the other day, i couldn't look properly cuz some old guy was going through everything, but there might be some good stuff left.

[SIZE=-1]and a tape with a handmade cover that says "RAVE", but is actually a recording of a middle aged woman reading out someones letters really slowly. i guess for a deaf person or someone who can't read? they were some pretty weird letters though[/SIZE].

i sure some thumped types would be into hearing/sampling that! was the tape any good?

i sure some thumped types would be into hearing/sampling that! was the tape any good?

well, i only listened to one letter, which was a responce from a business man to someone purposing a business venture, but it never mentioned what sort of business it was. just that "my solicitor..... Advised me.... that i... should.. Concentrate.... on making.... My.... Own business... Stronger....... Financially... and i would.... tend to....... Agree". its kind of good in the way that none of it sounds like sentences, because the pauses are so long, its hard to keep track what the jist is. i'm pretty much at a loss as to the purpose of it though.

i skipped through the rest looking for rave music, but i didn't find any.

So the Limbomaniacs is crap eh?
Saw that Laswell produced and thought it was worth the risk.

Can't remember the names of the Murphy's Law Lps but there were two of them. Is the band any use? Wanna recommend any of their lps?

if murphys law is too cheesy for ya ,ill buy em off ya? cant find their stuff on lp anywhere, any ideas gary???

if murphys law is too cheesy for ya ,ill buy em off ya? cant find their stuff on lp anywhere, any ideas gary???

Can't imagine any of it is still in print. None of the records are particularly desirable though so you should be able to pick them up on ebay cheap enough.

Recent treats:
Diamond Head: Canterbury (orig cassette)
Brendan Grace: You's (sic) are all looking at me
Disjecta: Clean pit & lid
Slayer: Reign in blood

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back