Charity Gigs (1 Viewer)

dleacht

Well I ran the mini marathon for what I thought was One Family. Turns out I had on the my charity site selected OPEN, a similar charity but not the one I thought I was supporting. I feel terrible cos the dude was so nice. So I've agreed to try and put on a charity gig in September for One Family.

Thing is I have no idea what I'm doing. I texted some friends who know more than I do and have about three bands agreed to play. I don't know about venues, insurance etc. I can find out about fund raising regulation etc as thats just changed with the new charity laws. Thats part of my job anyways.

Any one have any experience of putting a charity gig on and want to help me please? Any help really appreciated :)

there really is nothing more to it than Pete said, ya dont need to worry about registered charities or insurance or any of that lark.
Just find a few bands liaise between them and see if you can sort out a backline (drumkit + amplifiers) between them.
find a venue with a PA.
The most work is in promoting it.The band and venue are the easy bits ,its getting people to come thats the hard bit.
best of luck

cool thanks for that. think I should be able to manage it. If I get 40 people I'll raise more than the marathon so fingers crossed. I'm so annoyed I made such a stupid mistake.

The most work is in promoting it.The band and venue are the easy bits ,its getting people to come thats the hard bit.

X100.
some venues offer cancellation slots for charity gigs, you might have to know the heads involved(ie button factory).

a good, reasonably priced venue is the twisted pepper on abbey st. as they make the majority of their dosh from the club nights, anyone buying pints in the bar before 11 is a plus, so there pretty sound.

1. find bands - Ask CPR, MDR, Snakybus, Das Nugs or GazzyWazzy
2. book venue - Small gig Anseo might be an idea, somewhere like Dorans if its a bigger gig you're thinking of. It's centrally located so arguably easier to get people to go to than other venues.
3. promote - Ask Johnnystress or GazzyWazzy to design a poster. Don't just promote the gig on thumped :)
4. profit

If it's not a loud gig you could try booking bewley's - it costs €130, which include PA and engineer. It has a strict 50 limit, which removes the pressure to get a big crowd. At, say, €7 a pop you'd take in €350 gross and make €220 profit.

If it's not a loud gig you could try booking bewley's - it costs €130, which include PA and engineer. It has a strict 50 limit, which removes the pressure to get a big crowd. At, say, €7 a pop you'd take in €350 gross and make €220 profit.

how loud is too loud for bewleys?
this?
cradleoffilth.jpg

or this

skiffle_lg.jpg

I already was told about Bewleys, dont think its suitable but thanks. Going to ring around tomorrow get more of an idea of prices etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back