changing times (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
We played with oi polloi n limerick last night and about 80 percent of the crowd were polish punks / skins, good few in cork on saturday night as well including a mad autograph hunter.

noticed a good few eastrn europeans at the various places we were with freiboiter too. theres huge potential in this for our scene - lots of new people etc.|..| and a lot em do be coming from a street punk background.

Changing times for the good i hope.
some people dont seem to like the influence of punks from another cultural backround as i've noticed around europe,like they dont like to mingle with groups of punks/skins and so on so this causes confrontation and rivalry between new comers and the local scene but i think that the irish will see this as a good possitive change and learn from it.

I think all the new cultures coming into the scene is great some of them eastern european punx/skins can be very friendly well the ones that can speak english to a degree, well the ones i spoke to were sound. i have no problems with eastern europeans when there not in their cars once there in their cars i hate them, dangerous and completely stupid wreckless driving especially around drogheda anyway

Had a couple of pints in Capel st and as I was on the 5 minute walk home noticed this Oi looking type bloke so stopped him and told him about tommorow nights gig, turned out he was Polish and into Ska, I assume old type ska as he had a harrington on and sidebeards :p
He seemed most interested in the scene here so gave him a few decent links on pen n paper!

i personally like the fact there are so many different cultures in the country its a good thing might braoden the aul mind things can get really boring when you meet all the same faces have all the same arguements, and other cultures seem to be a bit more forthcoming like i mean their not backwards about being forward ya know i think itl add a much needed lift to the scene.:p

Had a couple of pints in Capel st and as I was on the 5 minute walk home noticed this Oi looking type bloke so stopped him and told him about tommorow nights gig, turned out he was Polish and into Ska, I assume old type ska as he had a harrington on and sidebeards :p
He seemed most interested in the scene here so gave him a few decent links on pen n paper!

The same type thing happened me at the weekend in work. A new polish security guard started work and we got chatting, turns out he's into punk so gave him the address of the lower deck and the voodoo lounge and told him about the gig tomorrow, big bleedin cheshire head on him afterwards. I'm makin him a striknein cd in return for some deadly polish punk as well so there ye are now.

the one downside to the new folx is a number of eastern european geezers in tipperary who like nothing more than paradeing around in their Screwdriver and Blood and Honour t-shirts,theres only about 5 of them but ihad words with one of them and he thought i was a fascist , he didnt give a fuck about politics but said he liked beating the shit out of people!!!!!!!!!!!!! lovely

The only kinda bad thing I saw about the Oi Polloi/Freebooters crowd on Sunday was that there was nothing other than Polish punks there. As someone said above it could end up with factions and all that. Frankly, its great for Limerick cos there's actually now a crowd for punk/oi/ska whatever!! Wha hey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back