'Changing/Adding To', your childs name (1 Viewer)

shower another shower

Have a 14yo son with a deadly given name. He added to it at his confirmation. David is what he picked.
Want to give him another 2 names. Whats the best way to go about it?
Registry office? Or just start putting it on official documents. Or something else?

It's a lot of paperwork in the states so I assume it would be the same here? Then the cost of changing all your identification and the price of a lawyer. Being 14 perhaps it wouldn't be so much work? Or you could have him just change it by introducing himself as such like I did. I still sign/book everything with my formal given name because it's on all my identification but no one at work or otherwise has called me it in 16 years.

you want to give him the names or he wants them?
is he going to be referred to in everyday life by the new names? if not, why bother?

you want to give him the names or he wants them?
I want to give him an amendment to his existing name. He hasn't even a clue. Gonna be a surprise! Been thinking about it for ages.

is he going to be referred to in everyday life by the new names? if not, why bother?
No, will always refer to him the way I've always referred to him. He's my boy. Just want to give him something more.

Cheers Jill. Thinking about changing my own name now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back