champs league draw (1 Viewer)

Franco

A few tasty ties in there. Chelsea got a tough one, but should get through. No excuse for anyone big to get knocked out at this stage.

Group A
LIVERPOOL
Porto
Marseille
Besiktas

Group B
CHELSEA
Valencia
Schalke 04
Rosenborg

Group C
REAL MADRID
Werder Bremen
Lazio
Olympiakos

Group D
AC MILAN
Benfica
Celtic
Shakhtar Donetsk

Group E
BARCELONA
Lyon
Stuttgart
Rangers

Group F
MANCHESTER UNITED
Roma
Sporting Lisbon
Dynamo Kiev

Group G
INTER MILAN
PSV Eindhoven
CSKA Moscow
Fenerbahce

Group H
ARSENAL
Sevilla/AEK Athens
Steau Bucharest
Slavia Prague

Happy enough for the pool with that. We'll take those Portuguese nancies apart. On the evidence of their performance last night Celtic are completely fucked. Roma revenge on United? Tasty indeed.

all 4 eng teams defo through
all spanish teams through too i reckon - unless schalke pull off a major upset
both milan teams through as well
not sure about lazio and roma - are they any good ?

Jesus - Rangers are fucked. That's one tough group. Remember Stuttgart are current Bundesliga champions.

Group E
BARCELONA
Lyon
Stuttgart
Rangers

all 4 eng teams defo through
all spanish teams through too i reckon - unless schalke pull off a major upset
both milan teams through as well
not sure about lazio and roma - are they any good ?

Based on the last few seasons I'd say Werder Bremen should progress ahead of Lazio. They were unlucky to come up against Chelsea and Barcelona last year but gave both a good run for their money.

I think Roma will go through with United.

I'm looking forward to seeing Sevilla. I can see them going far. They walked the UEFA Cup the last couple of seasons.

isn't that the same group celtic were in last year (nearly)
shalke are alright....
but the winner is djibril back at anfield. he'll score against us...

sevilla are deadly tho
madrid actually look good this season and they put them to the sword
they also murdered aek athens 6-1
defo no slouches - the other 2 are shite tho

not really that convinced by bremen - they lost klose too
wasnt he their main man for years
we'll see , i dot watch italian football but I wouldnt be surprised if lazio beat them

easy draw for the brits anyway - the english brits

hopefully man u continue their royal 4 year fuck up in europe

and hopefully we get chelsea before the final
they dont anfield on a european night

they would have been 2 weeks behind in preperation pre season

i dont know much about italinan footie

i just dont think bremen will be too hot
and i suspect the italians at the very least will be prety good in defence

Lyon are fucked!

Yeah they seem to be in a bad state. I don't follow French football - the only time I see French teams in action is in the Champion's League. What's gone wrong there? They were such a strong and consistent team the last few seasons. They were like Chelsea - not flash, just technically good, strong and hard working. Have they just imploded like Chelsea?

Yeah they seem to be in a bad state. I don't follow French football - the only time I see French teams in action is in the Champion's League. What's gone wrong there? They were such a strong and consistent team the last few seasons. They were like Chelsea - not flash, just technically good, strong and hard working. Have they just imploded like Chelsea?

Selling all your best players year on year has come home to roost.

Juninho is past it too and he's their fulcrum.

Selling all your best players year on year has come home to roost.

Juninho is past it too and he's their fulcrum.
usually they'd sell, and buy. they got rid of essien and survived... and even managed to look hlf good with houllier in charge. juninho and the manger don't get on, juninho refuses to train, i've read, and well, he has to be picked... they sold abidal, who's going great at barca, and replaced him with fabio "fabio" grosso. who's shit, apparently. and coupets injury really shook them. but in saying that they're still top o the french league but even motherwell didn't lose to fucking rangers..

usually they'd sell, and buy. they got rid of essien and survived... and even managed to look hlf good with houllier in charge. juninho and the manger don't get on, juninho refuses to train, i've read, and well, he has to be picked... they sold abidal, who's going great at barca, and replaced him with fabio "fabio" grosso. who's shit, apparently. and coupets injury really shook them. but in saying that they're still top o the french league but even motherwell didn't lose to fucking rangers..

Tiago fucked off to Juve too and he did a job for them last season.

They just can't hold on to top level players. They're are forced to replace them with younger, promising guys from the French League or lads whose career needs a root up the hole (Grosso). That policy can only go on for so long before you're left with a few duds on your hands.

Tiago fucked off to Juve too and he did a job for them last season.

They just can't hold on to top level players. They're are forced to replace them with younger, promising guys from the French League or lads whose career needs a root up the hole (Grosso). That policy can only go on for so long before you're left with a few duds on your hands.
forgot about malouda too... they made 70 mil in transfers, but spent loads on kieta.. who's.. uh.. big. i think they reckon ben arfa is gonna make the step up this year, just as juninho makes the step down. kim kallstrom will never be as good as j. once he goes, and it won't be long, they're totally fucked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back