champions league final (3 Viewers)

_42964237_goal416.jpg

sweeet

but seriously, how could benitez bring on kewell and arbeloa and leave bellamy on the bench? milan were there for the taking...

benitez is a mad bastard, that's how.

pool had nothing up front; Nesta dealt with it single handedly.

Maldini was ropey enough, but delighted to see him pick up the trophy.

Gatusso, Kaka, Ambrosini all played well.

Mascherano did a great job, and gerrard was game, but wilted in the second half.

If Pool get a decent, proven striker and a few attacking midfielders and not some flakey Brazilian lads, they'll be a strong force. If not, it'll be the usual huffing and puffing next season.

Milan were absolute shit, most undeserving winners ever. Liverpool weren't a whole lot better mind.

That german ref was a cunt too.

benitez got the tactics spot on - shame about the talent. he made a great case for proper investment this summer.

i thought the sub decisions were bad. anyone but mascherano should have come off for crouch, and bellamy might have been better alongside him. two new forwards coming in for fifteen minutes woulda been dangerous.

kaka's through ball to inzaghi was perfect but had the masch still been there he'd never have touched the ball in the first place. i said it was bad at the time, not just in hindsight.

but anyway when the first one fluked in i suddenly felt it wasn't meant to be.

benitez got the tactics spot on
Not sure I agree Bernard, I think you were crying out for two strikers. It was far too easy for Nesta and Maldini to mop up Dirk. Also he is the kinda striker that goes running everywhere to gt the ball, meaning there was often no one up front.

I know if you put two strikers on you would have run the risk or Milan dominating midfield, but they didn't look capable of doing that last night. Well until they went two nil up.

Also as an aside, the DJ in Anseo last night after the game was dreadful, talk about making a bad situation worse....

kewell pulled up and after that kaka got into the space where harry should have been. it was orrible to watch. but you're right. lack of talent. zenden is a cocksurfer. kuyt isn't good enough. pennant has no product. if kewell was fully fit, or garcia, or aurelio.....i think kuyt is no lone striker, he works hard, but he's no goalscorer. maybe crouch would have been better cos you can aim the ball at him. anyway. next year. they'll all be out the door.

Not sure I agree Bernard, I think you were crying out for two strikers.

in the first half milan where nowhere... pennant and gerrard had shots on goal, kuyt had a half chance, pennant had acres of space. if you replace zenden, kuyt and pennant with top quality players it'd have been a massacre

in the first half milan where nowhere... pennant and gerrard had shots on goal, kuyt had a half chance, pennant had acres of space. if you replace zenden, kuyt and pennant with top quality players it'd have been a massacre
Shots were from angles though, you didn't have a targetman (or men) in the area in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back