champions league final (2 Viewers)

oh shit

well well well...

crazy battles all over the pitch.

carragher will eat inzaghi alive. the biggest threat milan have is kaka bursting into the space between the defensive midfielders and the centrebacks. he hits the back line at full speed and turns them almost every time. so alonso and mascherano will probably both start to stem the supply from seedorf and pirlo.

milan's second string of attack comes from oddo and jankulovski making long runs down the wings. i think liverpool will need to start with at least one attacking winger to keep them pinned back on that side. while i'd prefer pennant, with gerrard in the middle, that would leave riise over-exposed on the left hand side. don't be surprised to see zenden starting again, as the alternatives are kewell and gonzalez.

gerrard on the right, licensed to roam. kuyt doing the hard work up front with crouch winning the long ball and looking to challenge dodgy dida.
i can't see bellamy doing anything against nesta.

I reckon Dida is overdue a drunk performance. He'll probably drop the ball onto Crouch's foot.

rafa could be ultra-cautious and play with just 1 up front, gerrard in the attacking midfield\free role in front of alonso and mascherano and with pennant and zenden\kewell on the wings.

then again he could play with arbeloa at left back, riise left mid, gerrard right mid, and two up front. could bellamy's pace be any use? i'd say he's more likely to play crouch and kuyt.

whatever he does it'll be important to wind up gattuso, that lad will be so pumped up, like gazza in the fa cup final before he did his knee in, and alonso and mascherano are just the guys to niggle at him. feel a little sorry for sissoko if he's to miss out.

lads it's fucking elementary

dudek
carra hyypia traore
hamman
gerrard alonso riise
smicer baros

worked last time.

i'd love to beat them with ten men but shouldnt finnan play too?
finnan didn't have the best of first halves, so i've brought on hamman and changed my tactic.
the man i neglected to mention was pg tips.... how quickly we forget

rafa could be ultra-cautious and play with just 1 up front, gerrard in the attacking midfield\free role in front of alonso and mascherano and with pennant and zenden\kewell on the wings.

then again he could play with arbeloa at left back, riise left mid, gerrard right mid, and two up front. could bellamy's pace be any use? i'd say he's more likely to play crouch and kuyt.

whatever he does it'll be important to wind up gattuso, that lad will be so pumped up, like gazza in the fa cup final before he did his knee in, and alonso and mascherano are just the guys to niggle at him. feel a little sorry for sissoko if he's to miss out.

Shooting gattuso in the foot with an air gun should do the job. On the Q-T like.

In seriousness but, cautious one up front tactical fuckery got us into trouble in 05, given our previous success with 4-4-2 all the way up to that point...

Kewell to start! Off in ten!

guess who just found out who his team were up against...

ap62778062505230634_big.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back