Champions League 2012-2013 thread (1 Viewer)

Apparently Klopps post match interview just involved him laughing hysterically. Brilliant.

Can't wait til the redshite get the brits kicked out of europe for another 5 years so that we can regularly watch this standard of football.

Both sides would have destroyed every City, Spurs, Chelski, Everton or Arsenal tonight. And probably would have squeezed past United to boot.

Financial fair play now UEFA, if you can ban Malaga and investigate Real you can easily get rid of the PL teams on the basis that they're fucking ruining football.

Apparently Klopps post match interview just involved him laughing hysterically.

It was awesome, he's a dude. I'd heard his English wasn't great and I thought that might be a problem if it transpired that the stories that he was a potential successor to Wenger at some point were accurate. No bother on that score.

Jesus that's a hot line up right there.

I've had a funny feeling about Real all along I actually think this draw suits them.

Dortmund certainly had the better of it the group, it was only a very late free kick and massive cockup by the BVB keeper that stopped them taking 6 points off of Madrid, hope that Jose didn't see enough in those 2 matches to figure them out. Malaga won the tactical battle in the past 2 weeks but I doubt that Jose/his players/the club could keep their collective egos in check to execute that game plan.

Dortmund certainly had the better of it the group, it was only a very late free kick and massive cockup by the BVB keeper that stopped them taking 6 points off of Madrid, hope that Jose didn't see enough in those 2 matches to figure them out. Malaga won the tactical battle in the past 2 weeks but I doubt that Jose/his players/the club could keep their collective egos in check to execute that game plan.

1. Of course Jose will have them figured out he's played them twice.
2. That game plan you're talking about is how he's beaten Barca so often lately.

Leaking the news last night that Bayern are going to activate Goetze's release clause the night before Dortmund play Real is such a massive dick move that I now hope Barcelona absolutely ruin them in the semis. It also cements BVB as my preferred winners this season, that team is not long for this world if Lewandowski goes as well.

Leaking the news last night that Bayern are going to activate Goetze's release clause the night before Dortmund play Real is such a massive dick move that I now hope Barcelona absolutely ruin them in the semis. It also cements BVB as my preferred winners this season, that team is not long for this world if Lewandowski goes as well.

Not too sure about that, I saw that on the BBC Gossip pages on Friday. I think it would have been well known by everyone involved for quite some time so I'm chalking this up to the press waiting until the news cycle changed from the domestic League to the CL.

Although Lother Matthaus agrees with you

Lothar Matthaus says it is "unbelievable" that Bayern Munich have announced they are signing Mario Gotze from Borussia Dortmund, a day before Dortmund's Champions League semi-final.
"The fans feel betrayed," ex-Bayern midfielder Matthaus tells Sky Sports News. "Anybody with mischievous thoughts will now think back to the quarter-final against Malaga. Gotze was a decisive player and wasted six or seven big chances. He showed nerves then and this whole thing has certainly been developing for a while.
"[On the timing] It's not fair, it's unbelievable."

I'd imagine a few Bayern Legends will probably have words on it too, they're not exactly the most silent bunch.

Wow, fucking hell.

I don't think you would have thought just 12 months ago that you'd see that. 2 goals shouldn't have stood but at the same time you can hardly say that it was an undeserved hammering that Barcelona took.

Wow, fucking hell.

I don't think you would have thought just 12 months ago that you'd see that. 2 goals shouldn't have stood but at the same time you can hardly say that it was an undeserved hammering that Barcelona took.
Amazing evening. I've been waiting for this for years. Bayern were absolutely amazing completely deserved that. Covered every avenue of attack for Barca and showed how direct football should be played.

Barca have gotten a rake load of dodgy decisions go their way at the Nou Camp so ....basically.... fuck them. No sympathy for them whatsoever. Pique was total shite tonight Bartra I can understand but Pique was awful. Villa didn't play and neither did Barca, again. Hope Bayern go out and destroy them at the Nou Camp now to put a full stop after it properly.

P.S C'mon Dortmund!!!

I love Klopp

http://www.footytube.com/news/guard...sfer-to-bayern-munich-L23457?ref=art_trending

Hope he never leaves Dortmund and they win the league every 2nd season for the next 20 years. The more I look at this story the more I think it was leaked by a press officer who doesn't understand football or Bayern, and wanted to deflect from the president of the club's tax evasion. Everyone at BVB knew it was coming a few weeks now apparently, the rumours were already out there. I don't think it'll have the slightest impact on the players to be honest. He was shite against Malaga which was when the negotiations were happening so hopefully he's over it now.

It might be an even better match tonight.

Well, that was painful to watch last night. Bayern were so dominant, and they beat Barca in a way that was much more entertaining that Chelsea last year. Big shoutout to Schweinsteiger, haven't seen a performance like that in quite a while. You could pick holes in a couple of the goals and one suspects that at 3-0 they might have had an outside chance. They're doomed now. Bayern should come out guns blazing at camp nou and look for an early away goal to kill the tie.

I think possibly because the competitions come every year and also due to Barcelona having already proven that at their peak this side was the best ever I'm ready for this era to be over and for things to move on to a new dominant club or even a period where lots of different teams win stuff, I'm no longer interested in how high this side can go and for how long. I never found them as insufferable as some* despite the way they've twisted the knife on my club repeatedly over transfers and the presence of of Busquets, Pedro, Alves and Xavi (brilliant players all but annoying, divey, cheaty assholes on the pitch [the first 3] or pompous preachy douches off of it [the last one]) I find it impossible to truly dislike a team that has Messi and Iniesta in it. I wouldn't entirely write them off though, they've essentially been coachless since November and prior to that they were in record breaking league form, they still have many brilliant players and they've never been afraid to spend the money they'll need to to address the most glaring issues in their side** (Puyol not being able to stay fit and the fact that an aging Villa may leave in the summer and would need replacing), no reason to think they won't be serious contenders again next season. And despite being over this team I am still interested in seeing what they transition into in their next cycle.

On the other hand with international football on a 2 year cycle I don't feel bored of the Spain side yet despite the fact that they're not as exciting as Barca, I'd love to see them win in Brazil next year and unquestioningly seal the deal on being the best international side ever.

* Barney Ronay who is probably my favourite writer about football wrote this last year, worth a read http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/apr/13/barcelona-bandwagon-barney-ronay

** That being said they were blown out of the water last year when they wanted to buy Javi Martinez and Thiago Silva and ended up having to settle for Alex Song and nobody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back