celemony - Melodyne (1 Viewer)

It does seem to be easier to blast your way through a vocal making the odd fix here and there with Autotune alright.
Melodyne does have the whole stretching/time compression/expansion thing happening though, which comes in damned handy from time to time.

I prefer Melodyne as you have much more control, and its visually more intuitive, so is great if you need to fix prominent (lead) vocals, and you have some time on your hands. Also great for creating harmonies.

Autotune is better at fixing vocals in a few clicks, so you can work quicker with it, for backing vocals and the like. Tis difficult to use if you need to fix finer details.

if you stick random shit into this like really complex guitar lines, and then export to midi, it can have some pretty amazing results.

wish i had time to get into this more. too many features.

actually, question;

i got this to try and pitch correct some guitars, but im finding that once i have the plugin running, there is a lag on the track in question..

my mac has 8 gigs of ram and 8 cores so thats not an issue. i also tried changing the buffer speed and nothing..

any ideas?

its paining my arse.

also, let it be a lesson to NEVER track songs live in a studio at 5am on 2 hours sleep. all sense of what is and isnt in tune goes out the window, performers and engineers alike.

melodyne pisses all over autotune.

Also if your thinking of buying either get Melodyne because you'll get the direct note access upgrade when thats out- polyphonic pitch correction!!!!!!!!!!!1

The possibilities are endless with that, when that comes out its seriously gonna breed new life into sampling etc.

I consider melodyne to be the best thing to come out of the whole pc/vst era!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

For shizzle

Imagine being able to take any recording and change the individual notes of the chord.Or even just being able to mute parts - unbelievable.Im sure it wont work 100% on every source but even so, think of all those intros etc you can harvest, i can see it having a massive impact on sample based generes and creating new ones!!!!!

Genius

[Timing offset – Logic 8.0.2 only]
In Logic 8.0.2 you may encounter a timing problem: after audio was transferred to the plugin it is played back too early (you can hear it and see it sitting at the wrong place in the Melodyne grid). This problem only shows up, when both of these two conditions are fulfilled:-
1. there are other plugins inserted behind Melodyne plugin (audio will be misplaced by exactly the same amount as the overall latency of the subsequent plug-ins).
2. the user actions are taken in this order: first activate "Transfer" in Melodyne plugin, then hit "Start" in Logic.

To avoid the problem simply eliminate any one of the conditions mentioned above:-

bullet.gif
Either bypass any plugins that are inserted after Melodyne plugin
bullet.gif
Or change your workflow: First hit "Start" in Logic, then "Transfer" in Melodyne plugin (you can think of it as punching in to transfer while 'tape' is already rolling).

From : http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=faq_plugin

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back