cds for sale... (3 Viewers)

...and you do have a problem with shoplifting?

anyway i dunno music reviews in zines, there are very few zines that i actually trust to have decent tatse in music, to be honest terrorizer is one of the most reliable for reviews, as is the amazing paradoise noise zine from france, turning me onto the best sludge and doom.

as far as shoplifting is concerned i think its not really that black and white... obviously it doesnt matter shit if you shoplift the likes of Tesco or Dunnes, but i would have a problem with people stealing from small shops, or independant record stores and stuff like that... they have enough being stolen from them by the big chain stores as it is

Alan Remorse said:
as far as shoplifting is concerned i think its not really that black and white... obviously it doesnt matter shit if you shoplift the likes of Tesco or Dunnes, but i would have a problem with people stealing from small shops, or independant record stores and stuff like that... they have enough being stolen from them by the big chain stores as it is

senseical.

yeah Alan tottally agree with you on that, like the scum who robbed zines from mero's....im all for robbing from chainstores but i lost all me bottle after that HMV incident, with the sadistic HMV security guards, who funnily enough searched by bag and found my camera, then took a photo of me sitting in their office looking really pissed off (they also kept faking calls to the cops and playing this stupid simpsons soundbite, the one where it says, 'hello god here, sorry i cant take your call right now' ) followed by the manageress who said did i think the ramones 'would be impressed by me robbbing one of their cd's?' i informed her that the two funkiest ramones were dead, and imagined joey laughing on the otherside.....but yeah you'd be suprised how some people feel about it.

spuded said:
the sadistic HMV security guards, who funnily enough searched by bag and found my camera, then took a photo of me sitting in their office looking really pissed off (they also kept faking calls to the cops and playing this stupid simpsons soundbite, the one where it says, 'hello god here, sorry i cant take your call right now' )

what the fuck!??! did that actually happen?! what the hell were they trying to achieve? seriously, were they taking the piss or what?

as for the ramones... rumour has it their playing their 70th Farewell Gig in the form of a seance... more news as we hear it...

oh, and our singer Eoin beat the bastards in Virgin by stealing a Bruce Springsteen live video when we were 15... class!

yeah it did happen, it was my own fault i got caught though, i pegged it out of the store cause i sussed someone had seen me, and saw that the two security on the floor were pre-occupied with moving the cameras, when i legged it across henry street i could see em looking for me, i legged it down moore street and after running for a short while, i relaised that the person that i was in the shop with (ahem!), well their bike was double locked to mine, so i headed back up moore street thinking they would have stopped looking, and turned the corner right into the pricks. The most weird thing was, they were all like well if u go get the cash and pay for the cd we'll let you off, so i went off to get the money, came back and they basically were like, who the fuck are you? acted very weird and said they didnt wanna see me in there again...odd guys...i think the fact that it was a friday evening worked in my favour!.|..|

i was shitting it cause an unnamed member of scientific bong had just been arrested and banned from HMV a few weeks previously, he might be able to charm the ladies but the security guards are my domain, sadly, ahem.

The connection -

PIC00002.jpg

nooly said:
eh? what's the connection?
I'm just surprised that people who wouldn't get het up over stealing are bothered by somebody selling things that they own, that it is completely their own business to sell if they want to.

Liadain said:
I'm just surprised that people who wouldn't get het up over stealing are bothered by somebody selling things that they own, that it is completely their own business to sell if they want to.
still not seeing the connection

well it's pretty easy to spot, dude..
doing what you want with other peoples shit = ok.
doing what you want with your own shit = not ok.
how does this work?

i dunno why people would question the selling on of promo cds..
surely this is one of the 'perks' of doing a zine? or are perks not allowed?
people here can get a little too indignant about shit that doesn't necessarily have to involve them...don't buy his shit if you don't want to.

andrew

thanks lia and andy. its nice to know some people have sense.

as for the other 2....i ask you the cheek of some people questioning others actions when they've only been around for a wet weekend.

i dunno i just fiqure ya get all this stuff for free and if ya dont want it anymore...give it away to someone who does....share and share alike no?
not many people have the dosh to be splshin out on cds the whole time....maybe a trade is a better idea.
anyway there are enough perks to doing a zine....enjoyment of doing one
buzzing off people reading it...
free music and zines to read
you get to b cool
.|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back