CD Storage/Racks (1 Viewer)

So does anyone have anything to add to this? It's quickly come to my attention that stacking DVDs/CDs in the living room lets them open to visitors toppling them over/borrowing without asking/taking a cd to put it on and leaving the one in the CD player strewn under bottles and cans etc.

Where's got good storage stuff these days i'm asking?

kirstie said:
anyway breeze block shelves have to be made with raw deal, it's the law.

Enforced by the governor of California and all.

Schwarzenegger%20Raw%20Deal.jpg

Haven't read the whole thread so not sure if anybody has mentioned these, but you can get revolving CD racks in Argos, or at least you could a couple of years ago. Great yokes, don't take up much wall space as you're basically doubling up, with CDs behind each other. They're probably 4 foot tall, a foot wide and hold about 4-500 CDs.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
So does anyone have anything to add to this? It's quickly come to my attention that stacking DVDs/CDs in the living room lets them open to visitors toppling them over/borrowing without asking/taking a cd to put it on and leaving the one in the CD player strewn under bottles and cans etc.

Where's got good storage stuff these days i'm asking?
I mp3'd all my CDs and stuck them in a box in the attic.

pete said:
I mp3'd all my CDs and stuck them in a box in the attic.
I actually did that a couple of years ago and stopped buying CDs pretty much, just downloading everything and buying the odd stand out one, just getting back into buying again and have lost all the old originals. I'm back actually getting a kick out of inlay cards and shit so the collection's expanding pretty rapidly.

i just store my cd's in my press thouh the way i store them, i am running out of space.

i have 3 shelfs at the front so one stack goes in each of the corners of the front shelves and then in the back of the top 2 shelves go another stacks in to each croenr. each corner fits about 25 cd's

i have the corners lettered: top 4 shelves are my A rows (my rotation- what i listen to) then the other shelves are B,C,D,E,F and Y

yes i am nuts

IFF said:
i just store my cd's in my press thouh the way i store them, i am running out of space.

i have 3 shelfs at the front so one stack goes in each of the corners of the front shelves and then in the back of the top 2 shelves go another stacks in to each croenr. each corner fits about 25 cd's

i have the corners lettered: top 4 shelves are my A rows (my rotation- what i listen to) then the other shelves are B,C,D,E,F and Y

yes i am nuts

What's with skipping G through to X?

ReadySteadyJedi said:
I actually did that a couple of years ago and stopped buying CDs pretty much, just downloading everything and buying the odd stand out one, just getting back into buying again and have lost all the old originals. I'm back actually getting a kick out of inlay cards and shit so the collection's expanding pretty rapidly.
you know, you could still mp3 the new one's then stick them in boxes in the attic when you get bored reading the inlay....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back