Cats Stevens (2 Viewers)

Vinnie

Supporter
Since 2000
Website
www.thejimmycake.org
Second half of his show in the O2 tonight was a simpleton musical based on the music of Cat Stevens set on the planet Moonshadow or something where there is only darkness where raggle taggle kids work punishing hours for Matthew & Son. Before the interval he announced that we were in for a surprise in the second half of the show - I was terrified he was going to do a duet with Ronan Keating but nothing could have prepared me for this. I never thought that I would laugh so much in the throes of my own personal hell. Joe Duffy is going to be a busy man tomorrow.

It was insane and so completely fucking shit that it made me sort of glad that I saw it. He's a bit of a hero to me and I probably wouldn't have believed second-hand versions of it. If I wanted to see a load of theatre school kids singing diluted musical versions of Cat Stevens songs I'd have secured my passage to hell and then killed myself

Perry Como is laughing somewhere, probably cant believr his Xmas travesty has been so comprehensibly trumped. At least they didn't have to suffer Twink.

Actually I only just bothered to read the preview for the show and it did warn that he would be premiering excerpts from his new musical 'Moonshadow' so I guess I cant really complain too much.

Look forward to hearing Vinnie on liveline today.

so, can anyone confirm that people were booing children?

you monsters

To me leaving seemed a more tempered response than booing so I did. If I had known Keating was imminent I might have stayed just to get the full 'sweet divine mother of jaysus' experience. They might as well have lowered Jedward into the arena on a couple of giant moons to do a rap medley called Father & Matthew & Son. It wouldnt have made it any worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back