Cathal Coughlan news....Hip Hip Hooray! (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter ron
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 895
  • Watchers 0

ron

The album 'The Sky's Awful Blue', is now complete, and awaiting manufacture. 12 songs, picture of a swamp on the front, lots of double bass, crazed bass clarinet, obscenities sung gently - you know the form. It will be released on Beneath Music (through Shellshock in the UK), and copies will be available through this site.

One of the next tasks is setting up live dates for late May. So far, I have arranged these:

Cork Half Moon (May 25)
Dublin The Shelter (May 26)
London E1 The Spitz (with guests Florida - May 27)

Online booking details will follow. The show features me and the Grand Necropolitan Quartet - songs from all over the shop.

I also recently recorded some songs from Qui Est Fou? near Paris, and they'll be released sometime in the not too distant future. It was a lot of fun to continue my working relationship with the show's composer, François Ribac, and I hope we'll work again soon.

Audrey Riley, who plays cello on my album, will be giving some recitals in the later part of this year, and she's honoured me by requesting that I write her a piece - this I've happily done. It's called 'There's Some Body Under Premierland' - it's 6 minutes long, and features Audrey, a guitar and a piano, which for the shows will be played by James Woodrow and Andrew Zolinsky. She's also performing commissioned works by Gavin Bryars, David Lang, Steve Hillier and others.

More stuff soon...

Cathal Coughlan
Eastern Truckland
April 2002

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back