CAT ON FORM & The KILLING SPREE 7" launch (1 Viewer)

swingkid

Website
www.wfmu.org
CAT ON FORM {UK, Southern Records} / The Killing Spree 7" Launch & more
Skinny Wolves & GZ Dublin Presents:
CAT ON FORM : The Killing Spree & The Coldspoon Conspiracy & Soliders Take Half
Friday 6th August - The Lower Deck, Portobello.

=========================================
CAT ON FORM
{ web 1 | web 2 }
(UK, Southern Records)
From Structure & Fear LP : action happening mp3
a short Super 8 clip (no audio) of "Sell the Kids to the Kids" streaming video

860-1_index.jpg

INTERVIEWS : one | two

REVIEWS:
Structure and Fear LP {Southern}
album review by stevie chick, kerrang!

"seething with the kinetic jolt of confrontation, the bitter anxiety of oppression, cat on form are four free-minded kids brought up on dischord records and the sense that this world could/should be a better place, powering every riff and howl with a perfect blend of emotional and political intent. because you can't ever separate politics and emotions. full-blooded and lost in the moment, cat on form's hurtle of staccato passion and powerful lyricism is both exhilarating and empowering. the machine-gun hooks of "mr. spotlight", speeding stop-start vocals of "rock and roll song" and "action happening"s dangerous chaos define a band brilliantly mining fugazi's rich seam of jagged anthemicism. elsewhere, drummer eva's "blood drained" expertly evokes the potent disquiet of american alt-rock legends throwing muses. essential. 4K's"

machester retro bar, 07.08.02
"This Brighton band put out a lot of energy. The drummer is a dark haired woman with a vague resemblance to a young Siouxsie Sioux. The two guitarists look like they could be brothers and alternate angry melodic shouting stints at the mic. One of them charges shirtless into the revellers on fire with punk rock excitement. The lanky bassist merges into the background. Jo's flyer mentions comparisons to early Gang of Four, Nation of Ulysses, Huggy Bear which all seem relevant but live I heard things that really remonded me of Fugazi and the Gang of Four comparison seemed quite valid, which is a very good thing. The NOU / HB influence seems to apply more to their single on which there are female back up vocals. Do not miss this band if they come to your town!"

=================================================

The KILLING SPREE {web}
The Killing Spree are from Belfast and this will be the launch party for their debut 7". Limerick label Rimbaud Records will be releasing it for them.

Live MP3's : Who the fuck is Bunsen Burner? (!) | No Comply | In The Spirit of Division

spree.jpg

THE KILLING SPREE - s/t CD-R
"3 tracks of off-kilter, off the wall hardcore from Belfast. Very much influenced by SLINT [in the quiet bits] and BOTCH [in the noisy bits] while the guitar sound is pure SHELLAC. The shouted vocals are sparse and low in the mix [the middle track is an instrumental] and there are wierd timing changes and unepected bits all over the place, sort of like a more dynamic, less mental CONVERGE. The whole CD weighs in at under twelve minutes long; not a bad thing for a first release as it leaves me wanting more. The packaging is handmade and simple but really nicely done in a minimal way. If you're a fan of the forementioned bands or like your music unpredictable and edgy, you could do a lot worse than check this CD out." review taken from Jakes Wrath #6

================================================== ====

The COLDSPOON CONSPIRACY {web}
The Coldspoon Conspiracy released their Debut album earlier this year to some very good reviews, including one comparing them to "Built To Spill or Harmacy-era Sebadoh".
Mp3's: Best Not Argue | Really Bad Drunk

spoons.jpg

================================================== ====
"OFF MINOR have had to pull out of these shows. i've just been told so i'm mailing you the earliest i can. the guitarist jamie has to take exams (he's in med school) in the middle of the dates we've had booked and we only just found out. they're really sorry and they're really bummed because jamie goes back to school soon after so they can't put back the tour, they just have to not come at all. i'm sure you guys are as bummed as we all are!"

the CAT ON FORM gig has been moved from the Lower Deck due to ridiculously bad management on the venues behalf.
They decided to renovate the venue without contacting anybody, and they have still not gotten in touch to explain themselves. Bad form.

Anyway, because of the late notice, we have not been able to book a new venue anywhere.

The Ballroom of Romance have kindly allowed CAT ON FORM to play their gig on the same night.

More information on that gig here : http://www.ballroomofromance.com

The Killing Spree / Coldspoon Conspiracy / Soldiers Take Half will not be playing the Ballroom gig.

Yikes.

swingkid said:
the CAT ON FORM gig has been moved from the Lower Deck due to ridiculously bad management on the venues behalf.
They decided to renovate the venue without contacting anybody, and they have still not gotten in touch to explain themselves. Bad form.

Anyway, because of the late notice, we have not been able to book a new venue anywhere.

The Ballroom of Romance have kindly allowed CAT ON FORM to play their gig on the same night.

More information on that gig here : http://www.ballroomofromance.com

The Killing Spree / Coldspoon Conspiracy / Soldiers Take Half will not be playing the Ballroom gig.

Yikes.
maybe we could come play in your living room?

you havent made the poster and the gig is less than two weeks away???
tsk tsk...

damien said:
you havent made the poster and the gig is less than two weeks away???
tsk tsk...
yeah that's how it goes here. i use the internet, hand flyers and text messaging way more than posters. there's about two cafes to put them in, one record shop, and the rest go on walls so the council can remove them within about five days. blitzing the walls a week before the show seems to work best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back