Casa Rebelde (1 Viewer)

Went down on the supposed opening date (27/1), wasn't open, bar staff didn't have a clue what I was talking about either.

What's the story with it? Open or what?

ive been away for a bit, the guy thats tryin to get it goin say he had some problem with the owner, i don't have the full story, think the gig last friday was suposed to help convice him it would work, don't quote me on that thou.
basically it was suposed to be the basment bar of murrays renovated and made in to a left wing football bar doing fuseball nights, movies gigs and stuff like that
the guy tryin to get it goin is outa town at the mo but ill try and find out whats up cause think its a sound idea myself, im just not sold on the location..

The plan was by a mate of mine to open a leftie / footie / alternative bar in Murrays basement. They had a new guy running Murrays who was all for it, gave him the go-ahead to start painting downstairs and all. He had dozens of images printed out on A0 to paste on the wall, and had contacted different groups of people with regard running different nights (like Monday night was meant to be Fussball and classic football projected on the wall, Tuesday Film night, Wednesday was live bands etc.) had a lot of work gone into this. Then, the venue sacked the bloke running the place and got a new lad in, who was also up for the idea and promised to get projectors in and to fix the smell / air conditioning issue. Then out of nowhere, the week it was going to open he pulled the plug, told my mate he could go ahead with the four Friday gigs in February but thats it. There was no contract in place, it was only verbal agreement throughout. A real pain in the arse, it was/ is a great idea.

Thats bad - they were being pricks on friday at the afa gig there, jacking up the prices on the pints to 40 /50 cent more than the bar just above it - what kind of thank you is that to the lads for organising an event that brings people into the pub?

Bit of a sickener. Hopefully we can sort something out for the next few AFA/ IPSC/ St. Pauli gigs there and if not, find somewhere else for them.

bunch of fucking dicks. surely there's loads of other places those nights can be moved to and tell the owners to go fuck themselves.

Thats bad - they were being pricks on friday at the afa gig there, jacking up the prices on the pints to 40 /50 cent more than the bar just above it - what kind of thank you is that to the lads for organising an event that brings people into the pub?

fuck that strange, the bar staff have alwasy been real good to us over the years espically the lad who works upstairs.
i guess the whole moving the stairs around and fixing the place up has gone outa the window eh

Most of the staff are sound to be fair, they just take their orders from above. We have four more dates booked in, but I guess we'll have to see what the future holds.

the being pricks referred to the management raising the bar prices rather than the bar staffs behaviour which was, as normal, grand. just to clarify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back