Caribou_Crawdaddy Tomorrow Reminder (1 Viewer)

was really really good it was! i had no idea they sound so kraut and heavy on drums. fantastic. bouncy & noisy enough for me, great tracks...kinda makes me wanna hear their music from a record too...

sed said:
The first band were actually really good, despite technical hitches. Were they called North Atlantic Osillation (sp?) Local? The drummer who told an incomprehensible story while they were fixing the 'puter sounded English. Anyway they should have put Russian Futurists on first, then North Atlantic whatchamecallit, then Caribou. Just my two cents. Anway, among the best gigs of the year so far.
Thanks Sed! Sam from North Atlantic Oscillation here. Technical hitches aside, it was such a privilege to play on the same bill as Caribou that I would have happily done a set of James Blunt covers. Well, maybe not quite that far... anyway, a few other people said that about the Russian Futurists going on first. I quite liked their stuff actually, but I guess the swapped order might have made more sense. We're not touring with the 'Bou and RF (alas), so it's probably a moot point. And with that,

- Sam
North Atlantic Oscillation
http://www.naoband.com

There were a scary amount of thumped people there. Should have some pics (not of thumped people) tomorrow.

Didn't get near the front of the stage til towards the end, and those are all B&W and I don't have 'em yet. Thus, your heads are in the way.

NPH111005001.jpg

NPH111005002.jpg

NPH111005003.jpg

NPH111005004.jpg

sed said:
When the sampler stuff builds up, and the two drummers raise their arms in readiness to deliver truth by way of deafening syncopation - that, my friend, is the point of orgasm. Russian Futurists were kind of okay, but a bit bland...Anway, among the best gigs of the year so far.

yeah cork gig was fab! .|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back