Caribou. Dublin, Thursday December 9 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 25
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 1

u:m

more info soon

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Venue confirmed as Crawdaddy. only Irish show this year (apart from electric picnic)

ah yes, that was when i had preconceptions after just hearing the Odessa track. still not mad on new direction but the album grew on me. not as good as his other stuff but still want to see him regardless.
I think Odessa is a brilliant track but like yourself it took a while for the new album to grow on me. One track in particular sounds like a disco version of Joy Division and that can only be a good thing!

pleased enough about the venue change for this. Crawdaddy would have been way too crammed.

Just listening to the new stuff now for the first time (dunno why I never got around to it before) and it sounds deadly.

Jaysus, Caribou are gonna be absolutely huge if last night's gig is anything to go by. Really good gig - the live arrangements of the new tracks were deadly.

it was fairly wedged alright

I was kind of surprised that there was almost no reaction to the crowd to the songs from Andorra they played. For me they were the absolute highlight of the set, but the majority of the crowd acted like they didn't know them.

Seems I missed out on the popularity of their last album. Must get me a copy.

but yea, enjoyable gig.

I was kind of surprised that there was almost no reaction to the crowd to the songs from Andorra they played. For me they were the absolute highlight of the set, but the majority of the crowd acted like they didn't know them.

That's because they probably don't know them! I think the new album is deadly but it is way more indie-dance-electro than the other albums and that's gonna get them a much bigger audience i.e people who take pills but don't really like dance music. I reckon Caribou will be headlining Electric Picnic in a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back