Car maintenance (1 Viewer)

After almost three months of rolling the window down to open the car door, I finally snapped this morning and went to the breakers yard. I got another door interior (it's been loose and rattly since I bought the car) and a cable for the handle. I had to completely dismantle the door to get the new cable in, which resulted in the window brackets coming loose. Due to a lack of physical strength and only having tiny weak hands, it nearly killed me putting it all back together, then I had to take it apart again as I couldn't reconnect one of the electrical cables. It took three hours of physical and mental anguish, I am covered in bruises and scratches but it's all working. If it breaks again i'm torching the car.

You and me both - I've a list of things that need seeing to at this stage - recon I'll just bring it to a mechanic at the end of the month.

Thing is, I'd be more inclined to do it if I had a driveway or a modicum of privacy instead of it parked out in front of the gaff...

After almost three months of rolling the window down to open the car door, I finally snapped this morning and went to the breakers yard. I got another door interior (it's been loose and rattly since I bought the car) and a cable for the handle. I had to completely dismantle the door to get the new cable in, which resulted in the window brackets coming loose. Due to a lack of physical strength and only having tiny weak hands, it nearly killed me putting it all back together, then I had to take it apart again as I couldn't reconnect one of the electrical cables. It took three hours of physical and mental anguish, I am covered in bruises and scratches but it's all working. If it breaks again i'm torching the car.

Dara
-10,0000 man points

Anyone fail the NCT on having a mysterious squeak somewhere on the car that you cant find?

I have it somewhere in the top right of the car when decreasing speed (when i come off the gas suddenly or when breaking). It not the shocks, ball joints, tie bar bushings or anything to do with the breaks/running gear as they have all been replaced since the squeak started.

They'll have to figure out what/where it is first before they can fail you over it, so you'll probably be fine.

yeah..if there's a problem to be found let them find it. By the sounds of it you have everything covered

Anyone fail the NCT on having a mysterious squeak somewhere on the car that you cant find?

I have it somewhere in the top right of the car when decreasing speed (when i come off the gas suddenly or when breaking). It not the shocks, ball joints, tie bar bushings or anything to do with the breaks/running gear as they have all been replaced since the squeak started.

I was driving the sisters car once and there was a weird squeaky noisy somewhere near the front left of the car that was only noticeable when I eased off on the accelerator, it was grand with the foot down. I'd never driven the car before so I didn't know whether it was unusual for this car or not but I stopped and had a look at the wheels and they seemed fine, went on another bit but it still seemed dodge so I pulled in a gain and this time there was a ferocious banging and the car started hopping as I came to a halt, got out and the front wheel was hanging off, another few meters and it would have gone its own way.

I was driving the sisters car once and there was a weird squeaky noisy somewhere near the front left of the car that was only noticeable when I eased off on the accelerator, it was grand with the foot down. I'd never driven the car before so I didn't know whether it was unusual for this car or not but I stopped and had a look at the wheels and they seemed fine, went on another bit but it still seemed dodge so I pulled in a gain and this time there was a ferocious banging and the car started hopping as I came to a halt, got out and the front wheel was hanging off, another few meters and it would have gone its own way.

This is not the case as my car. The wheels have also been replaced since the squeak started and been off and off a few times. Thanks tho.

Im starting to think its an engine mount and gonna have one more look tomorrow before the NCT on thurs

I never take the car to a mechanic before the nct, that's what the nct is for. Take it to them, find out what is wrong and then get the mechanic to fix it. Most re-tests are free and if you have to pay for a re-test it probably won't be more than the mechanic would have charged you to get it ready for the test anyways.

I did have a horrendous knock in the campervan for a while. Turned out the shocks had rusted off the frame and the only thing holding the wheels on were the leaf springs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back