Car maintenance (1 Viewer)

Goodbye

I know there are some "gear" head lurking about on these here boards...

Is it possible to fix a rattle in the exhaust without having to take it to a garage & put it on a lift?

ie. Not have to pay anybody anything

No idea... really flippen noisy for the last week or so, nothing hanging down that I can see... well as much as I could surmise from a lazy half arsed glance... I wouldn't know what to look for really. But I can tighten a bolt buh

Well I've 'exhausted' all my knowledge, so hopefully someone else will be able to help.

If I can manage to get off the internet I've to try and fix my car door - I've had to open it from the outside for the past week, pain in the hole. I'll probably make it worse and break the outside handle as well.

yea, get down on the ground and have a look, sometimes these things are really obvious.
A friend of mine fixed his once by taking both ends off of a red bull can and putting it over the hole in the exhaust pipe.

Get one side of it up on a high kerb, it will give you some space under there.
Bring a sheet of cardboard to lie on and a torch of some kind.
And a screwdriver and adjustable spanner if you have them.
If all else fails, use some strapping or a stretched coat hanger, wrapped around the loose part as many times as you can.

Always have someone standing at the end of the car facing oncoming traffic when you're under there.

It'll be a doddle.

Grand. Thats what I wanted to hear.

Mind if I bring a webcam under there with me so you can tell me what to do?

Still haven't bothered - The rattle is getting a tad embarrassing at this point... :(

I topped up my oil on Saturday at a garage in Kerry.Drove off without replacing the lid on the oil tank.Burning oil everywhere.Not long before I was feeling the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning.Wasnt great.

Time to power wash your engine (and top your oil up again)

I topped up the oil,but the power washing is a great idea altogether cos it stinks still.Never thought of that.Nice one Rayray!Today!

I topped up the oil,but the power washing is a great idea altogether cos it stinks still.Never thought of that.Nice one Rayray!Today!

There's decreasing type shit you can buy that you squirt on then leave leave it for a bit and wash it off, used it a few times on the auld vespa but i wouldnt worry too much about it... Careful around electrics and wear an old jacket, the water/shit is gonna come flying back at ye

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back