Captured! By Robots (1 Viewer)

snakybus

Website
www.breakingtunes.com
Anyone heard of this American band Captured By Robots? I'm intrigued.

Here's the blurb from a gig they're playing:

"CAPTURED! BY ROBOTS. This is a band made up of one human guy AND THREE ACTUAL ROBOTS THAT PLAY INSTRUMENTS! These are not people in robot suits, and there are not pre-recorded backing tracks, these robots are actually playing music on actual instruments. Also playing will be the masked
accordion/drums duo Herc, who appear on Chic-A-Go-Go this week, and The Goblins (who do the Chic-A-Go-Go theme song). . Let me reiterate: THE
HEADLINING BAND IS MADE UP OF ACTUAL ROBOTS PLAYING ROCK & ROLL MUSIC! ACTUAL R-O-B-O-T-S!!!! (9:30pm; $7)"

cool

It'd be no good if the venue was an upstairs one, like Mono or the Red Box.
Robots are crap at going up stairs.

rumpus (22 Apr, 2002 02:34 p.m.):
ha!

I'm picturing a pair of robocop legs with dirty old sketchers on the ends

....I wonder if they have day jobs.

Well, they'd probably get easy work in MacDonald's doing the voice for the drive-thru.

<robot voice....>*bzzz* >crackle< Do you want chips with that?

it's fries. would you like fries with that sir. you students better get practising that, instead of your pointless studying.

jesus, i'm all over the place here. we got this new coffee machine in and the coffee is fucking piss and i can't drink it and i need my caffine.

help...

Hector Grey (22 Apr, 2002 03:04 p.m.):
it's fries. would you like fries with that sir. you students better get practising that, instead of your pointless studying.

jesus, i'm all over the place here. we got this new coffee machine in and the coffee is fucking piss and i can't drink it and i need my caffine.

help...

You could snort the coffee.If you have that instant shite you'd need about four or five lines to get a good hit.However,if you have espresso,one line of that and you're off your tits.

nah, this machine does the whole thing... fake milk and sugar as well. there's no human interaction beyond putting your cup, a styrofoam one if you don' mind, on the holder-thingy. except i'm mad for conductiing electricity today too, so the cup sticks to my hand.... ahhh, jayses. help me.

just ask the machine to join your band and then try change it...

Looks like you may have to resort to coke, or Jolt, or even JOLT GOLD! (which got me through my final exams). There's also that new caffine chewing gum, but that tastes gick...

rumpus (22 Apr, 2002 03:20 p.m.):
Looks like you may have to resort to coke, or Jolt, or even JOLT GOLD!

Tell me where i can find jolt gold. And tell me NOW.

I'm afrerd I could only find in Londis, Maynooth ... I advise looking in the less reputable stores / news agents...I know it's still out there...

I do beleive:

jolt = coke caffine X2

jolt gold = jolt caffine X2

it'll get ye trippin outa yer feckin neck!

mmmm

they sell it by the crate on their website, but i don't think they ship internationally...

they had it (Gold) for 40p for a 500ml bottle a couple of years back in a grotty newsagents on Parnell St. Now it's like 2 quid in the Spar, and they usually just have the regular Jolt.

snakybus (22 Apr, 2002 02:10 p.m.):
Anyone heard of this American band Captured By Robots? I'm intrigued.

Here's the blurb from a gig they're playing:

"CAPTURED! BY ROBOTS. This is a band made up of one human guy AND THREE ACTUAL ROBOTS THAT PLAY INSTRUMENTS! These are not people in robot suits, and there are not pre-recorded backing tracks, these robots are actually playing music on actual instruments. Also playing will be the masked
accordion/drums duo Herc, who appear on Chic-A-Go-Go this week, and The Goblins (who do the Chic-A-Go-Go theme song). . Let me reiterate: THE
HEADLINING BAND IS MADE UP OF ACTUAL ROBOTS PLAYING ROCK & ROLL MUSIC! ACTUAL R-O-B-O-T-S!!!! (9:30pm; $7)"

cool

hmmm. anyone know pierre bastien? he does a similar thing, with tiny robots made out of meccano which play thumb pianos and such like in sychronised loops. has an album out on rephlex, never bought it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back