can't reply to threads over a year old? (1 Viewer)

taubstumm

Supporter
Website
kvt.red
not cool, brady

i-am-outraged-etc.jpg

it's meant to prevent bumping of threads that haven't been posted in for over a year. is that not what it's doing?

Sorry ann post - You'll have to start a new thread as this one is older than 365 days.

And to think a week ago i was drunkenly ranting about the vast superiority that forums have over twitter and facebook in that you can talk about something, forget about it, hear something new and actually find it and continue the conversation. Just fucking try that on your facebook status, see where it gets you.

pete - i know i'm the main 'bumping old threads person' at present, but eh, i just think this is an awful idea. do you have reasons for sticking this feature on??

I was really only being difficult by whinging about this. but what is wrong with bumping old threads? Surely it only happens when the thread topic becomes hot once again.

I was really only being difficult by whinging about this. but what is wrong with bumping old threads? Surely it only happens when the thread topic becomes hot once again.

it's mostly because when a thread gets bumped, the new posts are (duh) at the end of the thread but someone clicking the thread will see posts up to 11 years old. confusion ensues.

also, new threads go to twitter. new replies don't.

was that fior sceal - i did, but being a hippy, i've been following cradle to cradle stuff for a years. i flicked in halfway through. is there a tg4 playa??

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back