Cancelled (2 Viewers)

I can say pretty much for certain that no drug makes it to market unless it is 100% going to make a profit - so that part can be verified, the other part is way above my knowledge base.

It’s not an easy thing to get puberty blockers and a lot of therapy is provided beforehand. It’s between medical professionals and the people involved to say what’s needed. Transitioning after puberty is a hell of a lot more traumatic then if puberty is slowed of “blocked”.
It’s her part about trans being a fad that I’ve an issue with. Better education in schools is needed, and looks like it’s headed that way, even if there’s protests against it most weeks in Dublin.

She's right. Its madness.
Well, Rita made a good point that they aren't prescribed willy nilly- and I can't believe I just used that phrase...
One would hope that medical professionals of all disciplines would know what they're doing and not responding to a "fad" or misguided pressure from parents etc

I would hope so anyway

I seen mentioned on socials about the cass review so i looked it up.

background: (from NHS website)

Independent review into gender identity services for children and young people​

An independent review has been commissioned by NHS England and NHS Improvement to make recommendations on the services provided to children and young people who are exploring their gender identity or experiencing gender incongruence.

The independent review is being led by Dr Hilary Cass OBE, a consultant paediatrician and former President of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.

The Cass Review was commissioned to ensure that children and young people are able to access the best possible support from the NHS, and a high standard of care that meets their individual needs. It will gather e

the headers suggest things have been a bit hectic and not thorough in the this field.

puberty blockers are looked at on page 37 of the pdf -
they say they are technically not experimental because the drug itself was approved for a different treatment and therefore is a legal drug, however they suggest that borrowing the drug for other uses leaves 2-3 unexplored fields.

https://cass.independent-review.uk/publications/interim-report/

When I was a youngster there were very very few gay people compared to nowadays when there are many more gay people. How strange. Were they always there but we chose not to notice, or perhaps they stayed deliberately hidden until society opened up a bit? Did some suppress what they truly were and live a lie until they eventually felt comfortable identifying as gay? Or maybe it’s all just a fad.

Who can say?

When I was a youngster there were very very few gay people compared to nowadays when there are many more gay people. How strange. Were they always there but we chose not to notice, or perhaps they stayed deliberately hidden until society opened up a bit? Did some suppress what they truly were and live a lie until they eventually felt comfortable identifying as gay? Or maybe it’s all just a fad.

Who can say?

That Cass report sorta hints at that sort of thing too - in dry medical report language of course.

Who can say?

Hopefully being a transphobe or terf or whatever term one wants to use is a fad.

hmmm. Ok , she deosnt like the word Terf. But is there anything really bad about saying little kids should not get puberty blockers?

Am I cancelled now?

View attachment 17512
I dunno.
Is 11 little?
It's all subjective.

She might be talking about Tavistock, where there was a rush to prescribe these blockers and not address other underlying issues that the child was experiencing - mental health problems, family dysfunction, bullying, autism etc. - which was what was supposed to happen when they were approved. It was a shitshow - which is why it got shut down.

But Roisin is half away with the fairies on a good day - that's what we love about her. So who knows what the fuck she's referring to?
You are of sound mind, Johnny.
Therefore, while I cannot scorn Roisin's simplicity, but you should know better and are heretofore .... cancelled!!!

Last edited:
Roisin Murphy is a fucking chancer anyway so no great loss there
I love her and all
But she's skated through life like God shat rainbows on her
I wouldn't take her opinion on anything serious, seriously

Her stuff is usually decent

I dunno.
Is 11 little?
It's all subjective.

She might be talking about Tavistock, where there was a rush to prescribe these blockers and not address other underlying issues that the child was experiencing - mental health problems, family dysfunction, bullying, autism etc. - which was what was supposed to happen when they were approved. It was a shitshow - which is why it got shut down.

But Roisin is half away with the fairies on a good day - that's what we love about her. So who knows what the fuck she's referring to?
You are of sound mind, Johnny.
Therefore, while I cannot scorn Roisin's simplicity, but you should know better and are heretofore .... cancelled!!!
Fair

If people could stop referring to people as "terfs" and "transphobes" every time someone might raise a concern about certain related elements on this subject, that would be my wish. As I mentioned a few times in different parts of this forum (and probably this thread), it makes me really uneasy, and those terms are often applied indiscriminately, incoherently, and incorrectly. It is often just another way of deadening debate, and debate is obviously healthy. While there might be some weird people out there stirring the pot (and they seem quite easy to spot) there are a lot of really compassionate and clever people being quite considered on this issue (many of them experts, who have put the work in). As long as people are coming from a genuinely good place, we should want to live in a world where their voices and concerns are also heard - it is not a one-way street, nor should it be. Social media is mainly toxic, and has made people demented. I hope there is a swing back to actual debate, with people in a room actually properly arguing the points in an honest, measured way, to gain a deeper understanding all the way around - what is happening now isn't the way forward, it's a regression, and really infantile (in my opinion, anyway!). Feel free to "cancel" me, etc, but even if you do, I wish you all a nice Friday.

If people could stop referring to people as "terfs" and "transphobes" every time someone might raise a concern about certain related elements on this subject, that would be my wish. As I mentioned a few times in different parts of this forum (and probably this thread), it makes me really uneasy, and those terms are often applied indiscriminately, incoherently, and incorrectly. It is often just another way of deadening debate, and debate is obviously healthy. While there might be some weird people out there stirring the pot (and they seem quite easy to spot) there are a lot of really compassionate and clever people being quite considered on this issue (many of them experts, who have put the work in). As long as people are coming from a genuinely good place, we should want to live in a world where their voices and concerns are also heard - it is not a one-way street, nor should it be. Social media is mainly toxic, and has made people demented. I hope there is a swing back to actual debate, with people in a room actually properly arguing the points in an honest, measured way, to gain a deeper understanding all the way around - what is happening now isn't the way forward, it's a regression, and really infantile (in my opinion, anyway!). Feel free to "cancel" me, etc, but even if you do, I wish you all a nice Friday.

social media's gift to the world has been greater polarization - regardless of the issue.

except on thumped of course

I'm intrigued as to how you came by this conclusion?

I have it on good authority that Roisin knows how to get a party rocking big time

Maybe she is only chancing her arm.. but the results are what matters surely?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back