Can someone answer my ryanair question? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter ron
  • Start date
  • Replies 21
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 2

ron

Travelling from UK one way I need to check in 3 items - guitar in case, travel bag and 1 other bag.

It's says i can check-in a max of 3 bags with a max combined weight of 15kg.

This equates to 1 bag weighing 15 kg or can be 3 bags (5 kg each)?

What I'm checking in combined is over 15kg so am I correct in thinking that I 'select' airport check-in and 3 bags?

It's £8 for 1st bag ( + airport check-in £4) and £16 for the second and £16 for the third.bag, total £44?

Am I right that bag 1, 2, 3 can total 45kg?

Would excess baggage only kick in if the three items as above were over 45kgs?

Cheers

classic ron

pretty sure you got 15 kg altogether and are talking a hell in charges for anything over.

check in your guitar into oversized luggage for €30
carry the smaller bag on as long as it fits and weighs less than 10kg its free. you can check your other bag in for the normal rate.(as long at it weighs less than 15kg)

Travelling from UK one way I need to check in 3 items - guitar in case, travel bag and 1 other bag.

It's says i can check-in a max of 3 bags with a max combined weight of 15kg.

This equates to 1 bag weighing 15 kg or can be 3 bags (5 kg each)?

What I'm checking in combined is over 15kg so am I correct in thinking that I 'select' airport check-in and 3 bags?

It's £8 for 1st bag ( + airport check-in £4) and £16 for the second and £16 for the third.bag, total £44?

Am I right that bag 1, 2, 3 can total 45kg?

Would excess baggage only kick in if the three items as above were over 45kgs?

Cheers

its definitely only 15kgs in total for all bags being checked in, got nabbed for that a while ago. Just go up and say you are checking in the one big bag, leave the guitar by your side/in front of the desk and the travel bag on your back and you should have no hassles. or if you are travelling with someone check in seperately and let them hold onto the guitar until you have checked in then take it back off them while they check in.

it really depends on who is checking you in and where you are getting checked in. corpo flying out of dublin a few years back had to pay €230 in baggage charges. coming back for belgium with the same stuff we didn't pay a penny extra.

it's defo combined 15kg. leave what ever you can at home. or fly a different airline.

Fly with bmi. They have no baggage charges, they're nicer people and the seats are more comfortable.

They do charge for baggage, it's just that all their taxes abd charges are included in the price you click on, plus there's a handling fee for oversized baggage like bike and skiis and that.

I wouldn't put an instrument in the hold with Ryanair in the first place, just buy an extra seat on the plane. You'll have to pay taxes on it if you buy the flight ticket online but you can get it back as the seat isn't for a person

its definitely only 15kgs in total for all bags being checked in, got nabbed for that a while ago. Just go up and say you are checking in the one big bag, leave the guitar by your side/in front of the desk and the travel bag on your back and you should have no hassles. or if you are travelling with someone check in seperately and let them hold onto the guitar until you have checked in then take it back off them while they check in.

It's 15kg total for baggage checked on. you also get 10kg for a carry on bag.
if your guitar is an electric and in a soft case they probably will let you on with it and not charge, if its a n acoustic and looks bulkier tehn they will charge you for it.

Just read the FAQ questions on their website.

Always assume the worst with airlines, if their website says you're paying extra assume you're paying extra.

Aer Lingus only allow 6kg hand luggage Vinnie.

Always assume the worst with airlines, if their website says you're paying extra assume you're paying extra.

Aer Lingus only allow 6kg hand luggage Vinnie.

Yeah you're right of course. I was just looking to avoid bringing the hard case. Im much breezier & better fun with a soft case. Ask anyone.

I just got a bike on the plane to the US for nothing with Continental.
I told them I had rang the central office and they said it was grand. They seemed happy enough, gave me a box for it and everything.

Ryaniar 27th June Offer for bands and singer songwriters

"Book on the 27th June any flight to Uk with Ryanair and get a free embryo resembling Michael O' Leary. Quote 'tinypants' to avail of the offer 10% off deck chairs and crazy golf bags"

"terms and conditions apply"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back