Cable Street 75th anniversary Fest - Saturday Sep 30th (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
An evening of solid dancing to Ska, Skinhead Reggae, Oi and Streetpunk to commemorate the uprising against Moselys fascists in Londons East End 75 years ago on october 4th.

Saturday Sept 30th 2006
Voodoo Lounge

with DJS
Roddy Moreno ( The Oppressed, Cardiff)
Colin Riot (Belfast)
Traycee (Dublin)
Anke Buschperle ( Mannheim, Germany)
Kingston Sounds ( Limerick)

plus live sets from The Freebooters and Runnin Riot

and stalls etc.

price tbc but will be very affordable- its a celebration rather than a benefit so we will be just looking to cover expenses of night, bands / djs etc etc.

thanks to John Toxic for his help with booking this.

eh- all are welcome at the gig!

Think theres a similar event in london on the following saturday, not sure of details.

malarky said:
Haha. Anyone who argued against violence as a tactic against fascists in this thread http://www.thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=36820 isn't allowed into the gig ;)

Haha, so a large group of anti-fascists chased a gang of losers off cable street and gave them a few digs? Wow, that's so hardcore, I wish I was as cool as that.

In reality, they were just as bad as the fascists. Scum

Dickheads of the world who aren't that good at fighting and hang around in small numbers beware.

It just seems to me that all they were trying to do was gag people they disagreed with. I thoroughly agree with the sentiment, that racism is bad. I'm just not sure I agree with the means those people advocated to eliminate it and I'd like someone to explain it to me.

Haha, so a large group of anti-fascists chased a gang of losers off cable street and gave them a few digs? Wow, that's so hardcore, I wish I was as cool as that.

In reality, they were just as bad as the fascists. Scum

Dickheads of the world who aren't that good at fighting and hang around in small numbers beware.

It just seems to me that all they were trying to do was gag people they disagreed with. I thoroughly agree with the sentiment, that racism is bad. I'm just not sure I agree with the means those people advocated to eliminate it and I'd like someone to explain it to me.
I think the last one died there recently (not that they'd be posting on thumped mind) so they won't be able to expalin themselves. But I think that they'd be insulted by your tone. They saw Mosley and his gang as a real threat to their society and acted strongly and accordingly (and there may have been a few people just up for a row thrown in, who knows:D ). You have to remember that far right politics had a serious chace of becoming very popular in those times, waaay more so than now (lets keep it that way etc.)

whoops, i should have signposted that better, it was a nostalgic compilation of some of the choicer anti-anti-fascist quotes from the celtic wolves bashing thread. i think all those arguments still stand up admirably in this context though, don't you?

nooly said:
it was a nostalgic compilation of some of the choicer anti-anti-fascist quotes from the celtic wolves bashing thread

Hehe, I recognised them - brought an aul tear to the eye.

There's tons - Nazi Scum (Oi Polloi), Fuck Fascism (The Oppressed), Clampdown (The Clash), Fuck Nazi Sympathy (Aus Rotten), Nazi Head Stomp (Wisdom In Chains), Anti-Nazi (angelic Upstarts) ad infinitum.

ahem - tis actually the 70th anniversary - 1936-2006 - maths were never the best etc.

anyway starts at 8 - runs til 3, bands on early

HOT OF THE PRESS!! HOT OF THE PRESS!! HOT OF THE PRESS!!

From Guardian.co.uk
THE BOYS OF BOTSWANA
Hitler's Secret Lineage Found in German Ex-Pat Colony in Africa

Hitler and Eva Braun's genetic grandson is being groomed as the secret hope of a new rightwing putsch is Europe, UK intelligence chiefs report.

More here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back