BUY NOTHING DAY POSTERS + FLYERS (1 Viewer)

path

Since 2000
http://uk.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=16176&group=webcast

regards

path (14 Nov, 2001 10:33 a.m.):
http://uk.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=16176&group=webcast

regards

Dont forget this is tomorrow. Buy Nothing Day (Saturday November 24th Dublin), is a simple idea, which challenges consumer culture by asking us to switch off from shopping for a day. We will be meeting up at 2pm at the Molly Malone statue at the bottom of Grafton Street.

Consumer culture is absurd, we buy out of comfort, to feel good and to impress each other. BND is a global stand off from such desires - celebrated as a holiday by some, a street party by others - anyone can take part provided they spend a day without spending!

Buy Nothing Day also exposes the environmental and ethical consequences of consumerism. The rich western countries - only 20% of the world population are consuming over 80% of the earth's natural resources, causing a disproportionate level of environmental damage and unfair distribution of wealth.

As consumers we need to question the products we buy and challenge the companies who produce them. What are the true risks to the environment and developing countries? The argument is infinite - while it continues we should be looking for simple solutions - Buy Nothing Day is a good place to start.

Buy Nothing Day isn't about changing your lifestyle for just one day - it's a lasting relationship - maybe a life changing experience! We want you to make a commitment to consuming less, recycling more and challenging corporations to clean up and be fair. Modern consumerism might offer great choice, but this shouldn't be at the cost of the environment or developing countries.

Above are some posters and flyers I did for the day itself. They aren't perfect. At this late stage you're better off just going for the one which is the flyers for the day itself. There are two to an A4 sheet. If you want to edit the text and/or do your own flyers please feel free to do so, I wont be offended.

If you know of anyone else that's interested in coming along to the action at 2pm tomorrow, please forward this on to them. Cheers.

regards

um, I think this really noble and stuff, and I do agree with it all,

but the graffiti thats been spray painted round town really turned me off.

some poor beggars shop shutters on parnell street.... its a bit much really....

Pantone247 (23 Nov, 2001 12:41 p.m.):
um, I think this really noble and stuff, and I do agree with it all

are you going to come tomorrow then?

regards

i saw some posters around town and they didn't look like they were on recycled paper, in fact it was glossy bleached-white fancy paper.

kind of defeats the purpose of the message written on it?

am i wrong in this path?
maybe recycled paper has gotten better?

with on the Freddie Mercury!
bless his pink heart.

I don't know if I'll make it down, a few friends are talking about going down

but I do endevour to buy nothing

so I'll be buying 100 John player blue tonight ;)

ah beardy you little scamp

Freddie is dead 10 years this saturday.... so I'll be buying nothing but Queen records, coke carrying dwarves and pink champagene

I know Dudley, we all miss fred

I only found about this during the week, I was shocked, it doesn't feel like 10 years

anyway had I known I would've so so tried to do something to commerate the day

ho hum

sorry path, back to BND....

Buy Nothing Day and I'm going to be at a They Might Be Giants concert!

Can't help it, I'll probably by something there.
How about, if you can't buy nothing then spend little and wisely. Hang on that's what I always do (scrooge that I am)

"Freddie died on November 24, 1991 the day after it was announced that he had AIDS"

http://www.awildorchid.com/freddie.htm

nah its saturday....*sigh*

1. yes www.freddiemercury.com is deeply deeply strange

2. surely a Queen tribute night from the dublin underground is long overdue..... even if its only so I can wear a curly brian may wig

any takers???

Pantone247 (23 Nov, 2001 01:49 p.m.):
2. surely a Queen tribute night from the dublin underground is long overdue..... even if its only so I can wear a curly brian may wig

any takers???

i actually suggested this to joss and dudley the night i met you in whelans aaaaages ago, pantone.
it seemed like a good idea at the time, and if i'm to be honest, it still does.
mind you, that night i swore i would have no problem getting on stage in a white lycra catsuit and pretending to be freddie.
i would just like to say that i now retract above statement.

Wow!

http://www.freddiemercury.com is.... well. it's... um....

I really have no fucking idea.

I hope that reference to Robbie Williams isn't advance notice of a posthumous collaboration.

Fact: Did you know that Robbie Williams was actually Ronnie Williams before joining Take That??

I'd also just like to give a big up to pantone for being part of the johnnie blue crew. respect.
They are quite simply, the best.
None of this marlboro lights bollox. there was a time they were for foxrock girls Only.

the bearded lady (23 Nov, 2001 01:28 p.m.):
am i wrong in this path?

havent seen any posters around, havent been in town all week due to other commitments, but presume you are saying the postering people are being hypocritical, please see:

http://www.thumped.com/thepath/chosen.pdf

for article on hypocrisy. are you going to come along at 2pm tomorrow?

regards

p.s. the company i work for produces more paper and cardboard waste in a day than all of the fanzines, freesheets and wheatpasted posters in this city put out in a year, so please try to put it in perspective a bit when thinking about a few measly A3 posters around the place.

path (23 Nov, 2001 02:13 p.m.):
the bearded lady (23 Nov, 2001 01:28 p.m.):
am i wrong in this path?

havent seen any posters around, havent been in town all week due to other commitments, but presume you are saying the postering people are being hypocritical, please see:

http://www.thumped.com/thepath/chosen.pdf

for article on hypocrisy. are you going to come along at 2pm tomorrow?

regards

p.s. the company i work for produces more paper and cardboard waste in a day than all of the fanzines, freesheets and wheatpasted posters in this city put out in a year, so please try to put it in perspective a bit when thinking about a few measly A3 posters around the place.

your selfrighteous patronising air is really wonderful path, i mearly asked an honest fuckin' question. i'm sure that most of the companies you claim to be trying to make more responsible would be only to happy to use YOUR "well we waste a lot but others waste more so its allright" line of "thinking" when you start asking them questions.

if you're trying to encourage people to be careful in what they buy because of the ecological consequences, then i would have thought that the most basic step would be to insure that the posters you are using to promote your campainge would at least be on recycled paper.

and before you find out that they are recycled, i was only ASKING, not ACCUSING.

you love to be such a fuckin' victum don't you?

right on!

Let's give the Path bashing a rest lads.

Dunno about others on here but I'm sick of people coming on and slagging him off for making an effort.

I'm a regular participant on the critical mass which Path is instrumental in organising and feel that for this reason alone he deserves just a ***little*** bit of respect.

I'll be there Saturday and I'm sure many others will too.

you're getting me wrong on this one chief.
i'm NOT slagging him off. i AGREE with a lot of what he/she/it says.
i was ASKING a simple fuckin' question to which the poxy answer was smug and hypocritical.

its not my fault some people are incapable of understanding this.

and no, i won't be at the fuckin' molly malone meeting.

If you're so worried about Path's reply why don't you carry your hairy ass down to the Molly Malone statue tomorrow......

Then you can meet him and myself also and pose whatever questions you have. Ja?

zehner (23 Nov, 2001 05:59 p.m.):
If you're so worried about Path's reply why don't you carry your hairy ass down to the Molly Malone statue tomorrow......

Then you can meet him and myself also and pose whatever questions you have. Ja?

well, seeing how you's have so much trouble understanding ONE simple fuckin' question in basic english, i really can't see the point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back