buy nothing day - dec 2nd (1 Viewer)

snap-apple

Supporter
Since 2000
got this in an email:

On December the 2nd this year there will a boycott by the consumers of Ireland in protest to the excessive and unjust prices that are being charged to the Irish consumer. A similar protest was organised in Greece this year 3rd September where consumers avoided all shops, pubs and restaurants etc. in protest to the prices that were being charged. The European commissioner for consumer affairs (an Irish man David Byrne) and the Irish Government have both being entirely passive with this issue when a lot feel something could of been done. Since the Euro change over Ireland leap frogged above France and Germany to become the second most expensive country in the euro zone after Finland. This contention is supported by several leading companies and organisations including Forfas and Price Waterhouse Coopers. Please advise those you know to support the boycott. The boycott is set to last for one day as in Greece.

I think this is a great idea I'm gonna stick a few
notices up in work so people will know about it.
I think this should really be over on the main board,
because a lot of people don't really bother, reading this one,
and this shouldn't have anything to do with
your interest in politics.

Originally posted by conor
got this in an email:

On December the 2nd this year there will a boycott by the consumers of Ireland in protest to the excessive and unjust prices that are being charged to the Irish consumer. A similar protest was organised in Greece this year 3rd September where consumers avoided all shops, pubs and restaurants etc. in protest to the prices that were being charged. The European commissioner for consumer affairs (an Irish man David Byrne) and the Irish Government have both being entirely passive with this issue when a lot feel something could of been done. Since the Euro change over Ireland leap frogged above France and Germany to become the second most expensive country in the euro zone after Finland. This contention is supported by several leading companies and organisations including Forfas and Price Waterhouse Coopers. Please advise those you know to support the boycott. The boycott is set to last for one day as in Greece.

There was a 'buy nothing day' earlier this year - or it could have been last year - but it was a totally anti-capitalist thing if i remember. and now this one's for a different reason and is being supported by pwc and the loike - could be confusing?

head-scratching moment

Serendipitously, it coincides with afford nothing month!

looks like another imagination Christmas in my house this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back